AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d Multiview Blocks How To

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
leothebuilder
1440 Views, 6 Replies

2d Multiview Blocks How To

I figured out how to create a 2d multiview block. E.g. create plan view, front view and side view with a consistent insertion point and aligned with the proper UCS.

What I can't figure out is how to make the front and side views appear when generating interior elevations or building sections. (Autocad Architecture 2011)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

First, you need to have the graphics for the front, left, right and back views "standing up" in the proper 3D orientation.  Then you need to define the block with the UCS set to World.  If, for example, you are changing to a Front View and the UCS is being changed to allow you to draw in that plane, reset the UCS to World before you make the block.

A more long-winded version of the above (includes step-by-step on the process of assigning view blocks, but has pictures showing block orientation, which may help) can be found here:

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2006/10/multi-view-block-creation.html

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 7

I had the elevations drawn in the correct plane. Just realized I needed to tinker with the view settings of the respective view blocks within the MVBlock. That leaves me with the front elevation of the MVBlock with the side elevation visible as a horizontal line. Is there a way to avoid this ? I realize I can edit the elevation "edit in place" and remove the line without affecting the side elevation.

Message 4 of 7

Do not assign the side elevation view block(s) to the Front View direction, and they will not be visible in a Front view of the MVB.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 7

Yup....got it now....just needed to tinker a bit with the view settings.

All I'm wondering now is if MVBlocks can be "dynamic" as well.

It seems that using dynamic blocks within MVBlocks "kills" the dynamics.

I guess the nesting of the blocks causes that.

Would be nice to be able to flip or mirror MVBlocks like ACA Door objects

Message 6 of 7
aghis_no
in reply to: leothebuilder

Although including a "Dynamic block" inside a Mvblock "kills" the dynamics, you can always include a Mvblock inside a "dynamic block" and this works just fine: You can then apply all the "flipping options" and "visibility parameters" the same way you would have done with any other ordinary autocad object. Give it a try.

Regards

aghis 

Message 7 of 7
leothebuilder
in reply to: aghis_no

That's a cool suggestion.....why didn't I think of that !!  I'll give that a try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost