AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Shortcut target syntax

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
calfcreek_2
831 Views, 3 Replies

2015 Shortcut target syntax

I have always revised the OOTB shortcuts with a target string to get ACA to open up with our profile and our template for "Drawing 1".

Now with the ACA 2015 shortcut I have inserted our template location in the string but instead of opening this up as "Drawing 1" it opens up the actual Template drawing! 😮

Anybody else ran into this?

As always your time and expertise is highly appreciated.

Keith D. Rodebush

RA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Laks-Autodesk
in reply to: calfcreek_2

I changed the default template in the shortcut properties and it opened as 'Drawing1' as expected. Haven't come across this issue before where the template opens up when specified as a startup switch.

Regards,
Lakshminarasimhan Seshadri
Autodesk
Message 3 of 4
calfcreek_2
in reply to: Laks-Autodesk

Thanks for responding.

Our OOTB shortcut did not have a 'default' template. We added it at the end as we have many times before.

Here are the strings:

OOTB Shortcut

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\AecBase.dbx" /p "AutoCAD Architecture (Global)" /product "ACA" /language "en-US"

RA 2015 Shortcut

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\AecBase.dbx" /p "RA_ACA15" /product "ACA" /language "en-US"/t "W:\Templates\RA_STD_Template_2014.dwt"

RA 2014 Shortcut

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\AecBase.dbx" /p "KDR 14" /product "ACA" /language "en-US"/t "W:\Templates\RA_STD_Template_2014.dwt"

The RA 2014 shortcut works, opening up ACA with 'Drawing1' from our STD template.

The RA 2015 shortcut opens ACA with the Template itself open as a .dwt

HUH?? LOL

Keith D. Rodebush

RA

Message 4 of 4
calfcreek_2
in reply to: calfcreek_2

Okay. I found the problem while reading another post.

The solution is to set the 'Startup' variable to 0. Apparently OOTB the variable is set to 3. Switched it to zero, saved, closed then opened it up again and drawing1 was the startup drawing.

Thanks.

Keith D. Rodebush

RA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost