AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 update

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jmcintyre
720 Views, 7 Replies

2011 update

Wow! There seems to be a lot of people having issues with the update to acad2011 and ACA2011. Should we await the second update and avoid these problems, or what?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
PatBarry5555
in reply to: jmcintyre

We have multiple CAD stations, I ran the updates on two of them and have more problems after the updates.  The systems that I have not installed the updates on are running fine.  I would recommend waiting until the next update comes out unless you are currently having alot of issues.

Message 3 of 8
pendean
in reply to: PatBarry5555

A good rule of thumb: if it does not list a problem you have that is affecting your everyday work then you should not install any update from anyone.

Message 4 of 8
jmcintyre
in reply to: pendean

Dean, even from such a trusted vendor as Autodesk?

Message 5 of 8
pendean

We don't install updates from anyone unless it solves a problem we cannot live with, or everyone else has installed it a while back and report no issues related to simply 'installing them': this applies to Autodesk, Microsoft, Adobe, Norton, and more.

Message 6 of 8
bt1138

What kind of problems?

We installed it, and are running fine. As always everything seems to run a little faster after a service pack. So we are happy.

Every piece of software will cause problems for someone, somewhere, after all.

Message 7 of 8
jmcintyre
in reply to: bt1138

I'm just reading a larger than usual number of posts concerning issues some have had with the service pack, so I asked the question.

Message 8 of 8
joeldf

No problems here either.  It did fix the issue of causing an error report after closing - it was a known issue while using a digitizer tablet. 

All better now.

Joel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost