AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 CRASHES on all computers connected to a project when Plot Sheet is opened

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
e.fielding
769 Views, 6 Replies

2011 CRASHES on all computers connected to a project when Plot Sheet is opened

The Situation:

One to Five people has the same project loaded into their Project Navigator.

One of the people opens a plot sheet while using the Project Navigator.

ALL computers with that project loaded experience an Autocad 2011 Crash.

-No Error Message appears.

-Autocad shuts down completely with no warning.

-Simultaneously!

This only occurs with DWG files located under the Sheets Tab of the project navigator.

It is not Project specific. This has occured for different users in our office with different projects open. However Autocad only crashes for the users with the specific project accessing the plot sheet loaded.

We recently made the switch from 2009 to 2011. So far this is only a problem for projects where the plotsheets were created in 2009. We can't go back to 2009 to plot since the walls etc have now adapted to 2011.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or to deal with this in the mean time?

Thank you so much!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Pengfei_Tian
in reply to: e.fielding

I am sorry to hear that,

Would you please send a CER report? After crash, there will pop up a dialog, we can input email address, steps or other information. It would help us to resolve the problem.

If you have sent, would you please tell me the address you input in the dialog?

I will be great if you can share or send the project that occurs the crash frequently.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Pengfei Tian

Pengfei.tian@autodesk.com

AutoCAD Architecture

Message 3 of 7
e.fielding
in reply to: Pengfei_Tian

I just crashed our computers again and I sent in a report. 

Thank you

Message 4 of 7
Pengfei_Tian

Thanks to your report, I see it now, I will let related guys to investigate it.

Thanks,

Pengfei

Message 5 of 7
paul

Is there any further info on a resolution to this as I have a client with the same issue.

We had just created some custom project fields and applied to title sheets prior to it happening.

Regards

Paul

Message 6 of 7
Pengfei_Tian

Hi Paul,

Thanks to your information.

About this crash 2455911, we have investigated the reason, and will try our best to resolve it in time.

Best Regards,

Pengfei Tian

AutoCAD Architecture

Message 7 of 7

Are you using Project Standards in the Project. I found a corrupt standards file can bring down the project for all users (and all projects it is used in). If a sheet maybe the stardards file holding sheet related content (title blocks or annotation related. http://rcd.typepad.com/rcd/2008/08/everyones-autocad-architecturemep-crashing-opening-project-files.... Also probably not related but worth mentioning; I have a 2011 publish related crash but only when the sheet specs a pc3 for a HP plotter. Strange thing is it prints OK to the plotter but publish to PDF or DWF will crash unless another (non-HP) page setup is set as an override

Robin

AEC Collection & BIM 360 | Windows Surface Book & HP Z6 Workstation | Android Mobile

RobiNZ CAD Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost