AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 ACA Renovation Advantage Pack

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MichaelRoot
383 Views, 2 Replies

2010 ACA Renovation Advantage Pack

I started a new drawing from a basic template.  Threw in some walls, doors and windows on the A-Wall layer.  As soon as I turn on Renovation Mode, it automatically changes those walls, doors and windows to "existing".  Why is that? What if I wanted those to remain new walls?  Do I then have to use the renovation tool to select and make them new?

I am able to understand the basics of this tool through spending a day figuring it out.  Has anyone found training videos for this tool?  All I have found is the basic advertisement video put out by AutoDesk.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Michael Root

JEO Consulting Group, Inc.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jmartinarch
in reply to: MichaelRoot

I believe it assumes all entities are existing when you select reno mode.  You will have to select and change to your "new work" layers.

I am trying to erase some objects and when I do it changes them from existing to demo.  I really want to delete them.

Haven't figured out how to yet.

Message 3 of 3
MichaelRoot
in reply to: jmartinarch

I have all the layers set up the way I want them...  There has to be a setting somewhere that allows you to retain them.  You'd think anyway.

To solve your problem:

Turn Renovation Mode off, then delete them.  If you keep deleting them with it on, you'll have multiple items.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost