AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0-width walls from AutoCAD 2008 hidden in 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
xEndlessxUrbiax
277 Views, 2 Replies

0-width walls from AutoCAD 2008 hidden in 2012

I have drawings that were made in AutoCAD Architecture 2008 that when opened in AutoCAD Architecture 2012, the 0-width walls in the drawing don't show up anymore. The only solution I found was to change the Base Height in the properties of the wall (which I accessed by choosing the zdiagnostics display setting) to 10' instead of the standard 1/2" that we normally use. 

Has anyone encountered this before?

I'm guessing it has to do with the wall styles as they were transferred from out 2008 to our 2012 template.

Thanks for any help/advice.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

At what height is your cut plane set?  I am going to presume that it was higher than 1/2".  In 2008, were you overriding the cut plane for these 1/2" high, zero-width Walls?  If not, in 2008 did you have the Below Cut Plane component turned on?  If so, in 2012, do you have the Below Cut Plane component turned off?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3

I tried moving the cut plane around but it didn't work. I have the wall style checked on to show both below and above cut plane and got rid of all overrides. It's the strangest thing. We have two IT guys here stumped over this as well. The only thing that seemed to work was to change the wall height. 

We still have one machine in the office with 2008 on it and opened the exact same drawing on both 2008 and 2012 simultaneously and the 0-width walls show up fine in 2008 but not in 2012. It's very odd. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost