Hello. So, I made a 24 x 36 title block with attributes and saved it as a wblock. However, I get two problems.
1) When I inserted the title block into a 24 x 36 paper space, The titleblock does not fit. and the texts are messed up as well. The text are in in their respective places. What I did to create the title block is to basically created a title block border and then created the text. So, I made a block out of the borders and then a block out of the text then I made a block out of the whole thing (text and border). After i saved it as a wblock. When saving as wblock i chose entire drawing and once i chose object. So, maybe this entire process is wrong?
2) When I try to test plotting with this title block i made (even though it does not fit in) it does not show up in print preview. not sure what to do. Please help.
Also, How do I make some of the text Bold and others not? but keep them all same style?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Usually when something won't print it means the objects are on a non-plot layer, either defpoints or another layer with the plotting turned off. Check that your titleblock objects are on a layer set to plot and the block of the tb is on a plotting layer as well.
You may need to post your tb here to make it much easier for others to trouble shoot for you.
For #2, another possible reason for it not to preview or plot is that the plot area is not set correctly.
For your last question, if you create the text with MTEXT (rather than TEXT), you can assign a single text style and then (depending on the font) you can selectively over-ride certain properties (like bold, underline, italic, color, etc.).
I suspect the block not fitting has to do with units conflict (mm vs. inch) between the block (wblock) and the current drawing (the one you are inserting it into).
The issue with the text (attributes) is probably related to using the 'Standard" text style. The style is defined one way in the drawing where you developed the blocks and another way in the drawing you are inserting it into. When inserting one drawing into another, the current drawing's definitions prevail. You can avoid this by not using the "Standard" styles; instead create and apply unique text styles in the blocks.
You've also created what appears to be an unnecessary block definition (or two). The block named "TITLE BLOCK BLOCK" just adds another level of "blockness" to the drawing file, requiring two block explosions to get to the attributes in the "TITLE BLOCK" block. I assume what you ultimately want after inserting this drawing into another (and exploding it) is just the border (TITLE BLOCK BORDER) and the block containing the text and attributes (TITLE BLOCK). If so, all you need in the final "wblocked" drawing is an insert of each of those block definitions. (I suppose if you are using something like DesignCenter or a block insertion tool, then having these blocks defined might be helpful.) You might also consider combining the border and the title block with the text and attributes into one block.
The "entire process" is certainly not wrong. It just needs some refining.
Are you making a metric tb or an imperial tb? It measures to approximately a metric A1 sheet. But you need to allow for 2 or 3 cm all around for plotters, most won't print or bleed to the edge.
The drawing may not show in a preview because you didn't specify a plotter or printer, so there was nothing to preview.
Do not use text style name of standard, create your own name(s) and assign your fonts to those styles.
You don't need "What is the" in front of the attributes, just Project Number, Date, Name, etc.
Don't make a block inside the tb drawing. Get your border lines and attributes and other text the way you want them (in Modelspace) and save the file. Then insert that file in Paper Space when you want the tb in a drawing.
If you create a template file then you can insert the file into the template and use that for any new drawings.
One last thing, you don't create a wblock, that is a command that creates a .dwg file.