Did you mean: 

Layer filters properties dialog box does not show

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
David125
3779 Views, 6 Replies

Layer filters properties dialog box does not show

This problem just started when I upgraded to 2014. When I try to set up layer filters the Layer filters properties dialog box does not show. I'm guessing the function is working its is just that the dialog box is poping up somewhere out of view of the monitors, forgot to mention it is a 2 monitor set up. Suggestions anyone?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
27thofnever
in reply to: David125

ALT + SPACEBAR, then M, then arrow keys left or right.  If it is truly off screen, it will come floating back.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
David125
in reply to: 27thofnever

That did it thanks!

Message 4 of 7
jdb
Enthusiast

Help!!!

I'v lost my layers dialog box and I don't quite understand this past answer.  Does ALT + SPACEBAR mean that I hold them both down while I am hitting the arrow key, ALT then SPACEBAR then ARROW KEYS.

I've tried them both and can't get the dialog box to show up.  I am running two moniters an AutoCAD 2015.

Is there a command to get all boxes to come back to one location?

Thanks,

Message 5 of 7
David125
in reply to: jdb

If I remember correctly I pressed ALT + SPACEBAR, then M, while holding those keys down then arrow keys left or right.

Message 6 of 7
jdb
Enthusiast

Thanks David but it doesn't work for me.

I can't even tell if the Layer Properties Manager box is open somewhere that I can't see it.   I type in the command LAYERS and get nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Message 7 of 7
dodgese2
in reply to: jdb

Try this. ALT, then SPACE, then M. Let go of all three keys. Use the left and right arrows keys to see if the window will come into view.
That worked for me. I used to have three monitors and went down to two. Some of my windows are out of range of the main display.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost