Did you mean: 

view port

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
mikec
422 Views, 10 Replies

view port

How come sometimes after creating viewports with the red border after working on my drawing all of a sudden if I double click in one of my red viewports a black border comes up surrounding all my viewports and makes then entire back ground of the whole page one big viewport? I have attached an example.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: mikec

You are entering the viewport: as in you are inside it, VPMAX command. Double-clicking on a viewport boundary does that. That's how it's done.

What are you otherwise trying to accomplish with double-clicking if not to enter it?
Message 3 of 11
sthompson1021

It sounds like you are double clicking on the VP border which starts the VPMAX command.

Message 4 of 11
mikec
in reply to: pendean

I have other viewports that I want to modify but when I try to I get the big balck border around everything and instead of editing an individual viewport it access the background.

Message 5 of 11
mikec
in reply to: sthompson1021

ok so I see a VPMAX tab at the bottom, how do I get out of that and back to model and paper space?

Message 6 of 11
sthompson1021

type PS at the command line

Message 7 of 11
mikec

It's like my drawing border became one big viewport

Message 8 of 11
pendean

VPMIN command or click on that icon that changed too.
Message 9 of 11
pendean

As designed to do.

Use CTRL+R to jump between open viewports without maximizing them or trying to click on them when they overlap (if I understood your issue).
Message 10 of 11
sthompson1021

You actually have three viewports in the layout. The 2 red ones and then the outer solid white line is one too. Click on that and erase it and everything should work ok.

Message 11 of 11
mikec
in reply to: sthompson1021

I just figured out that to when I put in a  title block I can just draw a rectangle around my page to creat my own border,.

Thanks for the help. I worked out well

I will continue to use your suggestions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost