troubleshooting missing command

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ampster401
788 Views, 3 Replies

troubleshooting missing command

Acad 2014

I've got two systems running 2014.  On one of them the -dwgunits command is valid and works (no service pack is currently installed), on the other it is producing a "unknown command" error (with SP1 installed).

I'm downloading SP1 now for the system that works and assuming it still works after SP1 is installed, is there a file I can open up in Notepad for example and see where either "-dwgunits" or "dwgunits" should be?

I know of the pgp file, but that only covers command shortcuts or alias.  Is there another file with all commands listed in plain text and not encrypted?

We do not use a normal process for installing Adesk software so before we go down the path of rebuilding our deployment images again, we'd like to know or find out why this happened before we just rebuild the deployment images hoping it fixes the problem.

TIA for any advice or suggestions.

update: installing SP1 did not break -dwgunits on the system it was working on.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ampster401
in reply to: ampster401

dwgunits appears to be an Express tool.  You can find this command listed in the alias.pgc file found in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\Express folder.

It is listed on the system where it doesn't work so I am still troubleshooting this issue if anybody has a suggestion as to how to fix this command.  Various other Express tools/commands do work.

TIA

Message 3 of 4
ampster401

Message 4 of 4
hmunsell

What we found in our office is it was the Civil3D Object Enablers that were causing the issue. DWGUnits worked fine with No OE’s. DWGUnits also work fine with the Architecture-MEP and Structural OE’s loaded. As soon as we loaded the C3D OE's the DWGUnits broke. Unfortunately just unloading the C3D OE's didn’t fix it, we had to uninstall AutoCAD and reinstall AutoCAD, then load just the Architectural-MEP and/or Structural OE's. 

Also tried loading the OE's in various orders, Arch then C3D, C3D than arch, etc... But load order didn’t seem to matter. If the C3D OE was installed, DWGUnits didn’t work.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost