Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble with phantom image in paperspace

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jsclage
370 Views, 2 Replies

trouble with phantom image in paperspace

my problem: when working in paperspace, a phantom image appears, which is not visible in model space. this phantom image duplicates part of the constructed drawing, but unlike the constructed drawing elements, i can not erase, move, nor determine which layer the phantom exists on--if it does exist on a specific layer.

possible clues:

1  there are two ucs icons in view within the viewport. One ucs icon seems to be tied to the phantom. i can turn on this phantom-related ucs icon, but doing this does not turn off the phantom.

2 the phantom image is visible when viewing the plotter's preview screen.

a related question: is it typical to have multiple ucs icons present in one drawing file? can or should one be deleted?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nestly2
in reply to: jsclage

There are multiple (overlapping) viewports, so there are two "windows" into modelspace.  This explains why you're seeing multiple instances of both your modelspace objects, and your UCS icon.   One viewport is on the "elevations" layer, and the other is coincident with the title block/border on the "VP" layer, and is currently turned "OFF"  It is unlikely you want/need both in this case, but for future reference, you can use CTRL+R to toggle between viewports in a Layout while Modelspace is active.

Message 3 of 3
jsclage
in reply to: jsclage

Thanks again for your input.

I believe I resolved the problem by erasing the two exiswting viewports, and then creating a single new viewport.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost