Did you mean: 

trimming

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jamied2000
501 Views, 5 Replies

trimming

Not sure how to explain this but here is goes.  I have for example 2 lines in a drawing.  One on the x axis and one on the y axis.  The x axis line does not touch the y axis line because the y axis line comes short of the x axis line.  I want to trim the x axis line to where this y axis line intersects it but do not want to extend the y axis line to touch the x axis line.  When I upgraded to 2014 it will not do this anymore.  Is there a setting that i need to change?  I have never had to change any settings before for me to be able to do this.  I hope this is understandable explanation of what I am trying to accomplish.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: jamied2000

[I'm not sure whether it may be different in newer versions than mine, but check the EDGEMODE System Variable -- set it to 1 if it's 0, or set it within a Trim or Extend command, after selecting boundary objects, with the Edge option.]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 6
helenhih2o
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Wow, thanks! I was struggling with this too. Is there a place where all these system variables are listed, with definitions/purposes. I have no idea what EDGEMODE means.
Message 4 of 6
helenhih2o
in reply to: helenhih2o

Should mention: I'm using Autocad for Mac 2013
Message 5 of 6
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: helenhih2o

@helenhih2o wrote:
Wow, thanks! I was struggling with this too. Is there a place where all these system variables are listed, with definitions/purposes. I have no idea what EDGEMODE means.

Help should tell you about any specific System Variable [for which they are willing to reveal the details -- there are some undocumented ones].  Type its name into the Search window.  Back in ol' 2004, there was a place in Help with a handy alphabetical listing of all System Variables, but I'm not sure it's as easy as that in some newer versions [I'll have to check when I'm next where I have 2015 available].

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 6
helenhih2o
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thank you. I even found it at the main menu of the Autocad for Mac Help screen:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2014/ENU/index.html

On the right hand side, there is a folder icon labeled resources, and beneath that a line item: System Variables.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost