Did you mean: 

switch off the textscreen permanently

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
GSC_HAYA
387 Views, 4 Replies

switch off the textscreen permanently

Hello

how can I switch off the textscreen permanently. (I know I can switch with F2.)

When I use the command 'list' the textscreen always switches to ON.

I don't want that when I call 'list' from lisp....

Thanks Guido

WIN7, ACAD 2014

Plant3D 2022 German
WIN10 Pro
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
M_Hensley
in reply to: GSC_HAYA

You can call (GRAPHSCR) in lisp to turn it off.

Message 3 of 5
doni49
in reply to: M_Hensley

@M_Hensley wrote:

You can call (GRAPHSCR) in lisp to turn it off.

That effectively does the same thing as pressing F2 when the textscreen is showing.

I can't imagine ever really wanting to do what you're trying to do so I've never really thought about it -- and the same probably holds true for the developers).  But if it's simply a matter of wanting to keep it out of your way, the next time it shows up, you could make it smaller (by dragging one corner of the window) and you could also move it to the very edge of the screen so that it's only barely visible.

The only thing I'm not sure of is whether or not these settings will be retained the next time you (re)start acad.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

You can't turn it off, all you can do is toggle it off with a lisp or rector or pressing F2: it's hard coded into the program to popup when it does.
Message 5 of 5
Martin_Langolf

Hi Guido,

The advise you already got is correct, it is not possible to turn off the text screen in AutoCAD permanently, as it is part of the command line and needed to display the outputs for your Lisp programs.

As the command LIST is not a transparent command and depends on the text screen to display the outputs, you can use the built in functions "TEXTSCR" and "GRAPHSCR" to toggle the text screen ON or OFF.

This should have the same effect as if pressing the F2 key on your keyboard, only at a programmer level.

Cheers,

Martin

Martin Langolf

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost