Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen to scale?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
brandon_francom
276 Views, 7 Replies

screen to scale?

Is there a way to freeze the scale of the drawing in relation to the screen to not change?  I have a very large monitor, which is large enough for me to scale off it like a large construction drawing, ie. 24x36.  Is there a way, for instance, to get the drawing to be at 1/4" per 1 foot on the screen, and make that scale freeze so that I can't zoom in or out?  Tell me if this is an absurd question.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dgorsman
in reply to: brandon_francom

You are either waaaaay out ahead of everybody or a little behind.  Manually scaling off the screen isn't done with the various direct measuring tools available (skipping any inherent inaccuracies of the display and user), and its rarely done even with paper (with proper annotations).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 8
brandon_francom
in reply to: dgorsman

Okay. Thanks.
Message 4 of 8
brandon_francom
in reply to: dgorsman

Is there a way to turn off zoom?

Message 5 of 8
dgorsman

You might want to clarify that.  Zooming, as I see it, is essential to go into the drawing far enough to distinguish the entities so work can be done accurately.  In other words, snapping to the proper end/center/quad, making text readable, and so on.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 8

I am a little curious, are you in model space?

Message 7 of 8
pendean

ZOOM command, Extents option (or Window). Just don't use the mouse scroll wheel and don't press the middle button so the display won't change. QSAVE your file so it sticks there. Turn off RIBBON if you are worried about the image bouncing around the screen when you start AutoCAD/open the file in question.

I suspect you're very new to AutoCAD or your question is about something else not related. Can't tell so far from your line of questions.
Message 8 of 8
scot-65

command UNDEFINE ZOOM
Do this every time you start the software.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost