Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Not Responding" with EVERY command

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1033 Views, 11 Replies

"Not Responding" with EVERY command

MEP 2013 running on windows 8 and every command it takes at least 15 seconds longer than it should since I get "Not Responding" to every command.

Just loaded SP2.

Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
dbroad
in reply to: Anonymous

I wasn't aware that 2013 was supported on Windows 8.  What are your hardware specs (RAM, disk speed (or SSD), video card (or supported standards)?

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

SP2 made it official.

8G RAM, 2.4GHz i7, Nvidia Geforce GTX 670MX......pretty sure none of that is the issue.

Message 4 of 12
dgorsman

AutoCAD MEP is its own flavor with its own quirks, so you should probably check in its dedicated forum.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 12
darawork

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-DWG-Format/2014-Unknown-command-results-in-massive-l...

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 6 of 12
rkmcswain

Perform the test in post 4, in this thread.

Any difference?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

negative, no change.

Message 8 of 12
darawork

Try downloading this Process Monitor application: http://download.sysinternals.com/files/ProcessMonitor.zip

And then download and apply this filter rule by going to /file /import configuration... AutoCAD Filter.pmc (1.83KB)

You may have to edit the term 'acad.exe' (in the filter rules, not the actual .exe) to be 'acadmep.exe' or whatever the running executable for AutoCad MEP is called.

When you have managed to filter down the processes to only show AutoCad MEP processes, move the window to the side, press [CTRL+X] to clear it's screen.... then go back to AutoCad and type in a command while watching what's happening in the Process Monitor window.

It may give you some clue as to what AutoCad MEP is doing during the freeze-ups.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: darawork

OK, so it seems to be "XREFSTATE" is the only AutoCAD process with a "NAME NOT FOUND" result.  

This thread in AUGI talks about creating registry entries.  I'm not sure where to create it though.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

So I found where this other person put it, but does anyone have a process for creating a entry?  Do I just copy and paste and rename another one?

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Message 12 of 12
rkmcswain

I am 99% sure XREFSTATE isn't causing your slowdown.

Does the process explorer literally pause each time XREFSTATE is hit?

I have never seen a case where removing all network connections didn't free it up.

Maybe there is a reference to an optical drive or other "local" drive that doesn't exist any longer....?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost