Did you mean: 

"No preview Available" in windows explorer

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
5202 Views, 8 Replies

"No preview Available" in windows explorer

Previously i had the 2014 Professional suite installed on my computer without issue, but ever since i upgraded to the 2015 Ultimate Suite i can no longer preview dwg files in the windows explorer. 

This is very frustrating as i often need to look at older drawings which don't have descriptions in the title. Is there an option i need to tick somewhere? 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I checked through my files and there is Design Review 2013, but not 2015. Is it an install option on my usb drive sent to me from Autodesk or is it only a downloadable resource?
Message 4 of 9
pendean

As far as I know having ADR2013 should be enough (it is for me), but if you want ADR2015 you'll have to get it from the website.
Message 5 of 9
inchul.lee

Hi Alex,

Please try the followings:

Make sure all DWG and BAK files are set to open with an AutoCAD Application or AutoCAD DWG Launcher:

• Right-click a DWG file and select "Open with > Choose default program...".
  • Check the "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" box.
  • Choose AutoCAD Application or AutoCAD DWG Launcher from the list of suggested programs (or use the "Browse..." button to locate and select the correct application). Then OK.
  • Repeat for BAK files.

Install the version of DWG TrueView that corresponds with the latest version of AutoCAD installed:

Make sure the drawing file is set to save a thumbnail preview image:

• At the command line, type THUMBSAVE, then ENTER.
  • Set the variable to 1.
  • Save the drawing file.

Inchul Lee
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: inchul.lee

I have completed all things listed in inchul.lee's post. Including the removal of all previous versions of software. Still no result.
Message 7 of 9
pendean

Windows version?
Is this a MAC running Windows in emulation or dual-boot?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

This is not an emulation. Running on 64-bit Windows 7.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I have solved my issue. The Ultimate Suite installation does not include "AutoCAD 2015", it only contains "AutoCAD Electrical" and "AutoCAD Mechanical". Plain AutoCAD is available through the subscription centre and once i had downloaded and installed that my previews returned straight away.
I don't know why it isn't included on the USB drive sent from Autodesk, but this is what worked for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost