AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

MorrisonHomes
Message 1 of 5 (179 Views)

printer change

179 Views, 4 Replies
10-12-2012 08:24 PM
We recently upgraded from auto desk 2006 to architecture 2013, at that time we also upgraded to windows 7 and a new print server.

What is happening is when our drafts people open an old drawing they have to reset the printer for all the tabs in that file some have probably 10 tabs.

Is there a way to get autocad to do this automatically or aleast faster as it can take about 5 min to do some of the larger files.

Thanms
*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 2 of 5 (163 Views)

Re: printer change

10-13-2012 08:43 AM in reply to: MorrisonHomes

Without customization, the best practice would be to open a drawing that contains the plot settings you want, start pagesetup, either verify that a saved page setup exists or press the new button (if a saved page setup doesn't already exist).  Then open each drawing that needs the page setup, go to the first layout and then import the saved page setup from the good file.  Then click on each layout, pagesetup and choose the saved page setup name and push set current button. Having each layout set to a common name really reduces the time it takes to setup and modify plots.  It should only take a few seconds for each layout.

Automating it would involve learning to customize >>here<<

MorrisonHomes
Message 3 of 5 (153 Views)

10-13-2012 02:06 PM in reply to: dbroad
Thanks I am just the IT guy so will pass this along to our drafts people and hopefully they understand. Sent from Samsung Mobile David Kromm ,A+ System Administrator T (403)723-6355 E David.Kromm@morrisonhomes.ca F (403)236-0311 morrisonhomes.ca ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Morrison Homes is a Builder of Excellence for providing " An Outstanding Home Ownership Experience" for Single-Family homes in Calgary. Based on the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Alberta Single-Family New Home Builder Customer Satisfaction StudySM conducted in association with the Professional Home Builders Institute of Alberta. Study measures ANWWP builder members and participating builder members of PHBIA, which represent more than two-thirds of all new single-family homes built in Calgary. For more information, visit jdpower.com. This communication and any attachments are intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they were addressed and may contain confidential/privileged information. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is prohibited without the expressed permission of the sender. If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this communication from your system.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 5 (148 Views)

10-14-2012 05:15 AM in reply to: MorrisonHomes
AutoCAD, unlike other programs, stores the plot parameters in the file in each tab. There is no system-only choice.
This is where a CAD manager, not I.T., comes in handy: you changed the device name so now AutoCAD assumes the file has no print device.
Do your AutoCAD users use shared PC3 files to plot from AutoCAD to all your windows driver devices? What are these devices?
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 5 of 5 (143 Views)

10-14-2012 10:58 AM in reply to: MorrisonHomes

I may have misunderstood the situation.  I think you could just use the options command to set a new default printer so that the none printer won't be substituted each time you open a printer set up for the old print driver.  Try setting the options to default to your new printer.

plotdefault.png

I have started setting the dwf6 eplot to the default printer and always eplot first.  Then from design review, I either plot to pdf or to the physical printer.  That way my layouts are always ready to plot regardless of location.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube