Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

placement changes between viewport and model space???

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
253 Views, 2 Replies

placement changes between viewport and model space???

I typicall draft my construction details in model space and then switch to paper space to do all the labeling so everything lines up nice and straight. Once I have everything labeled I do a quick chspace command to move all my text labels into model space to keep all the text and linework together. Just now I have been working like this and for the first time ever, when I go back into model space to be sure everything moved the way it did well...it didn't this time. For some reason my text and line work look they way they are supposed to in their viewports, but in model space i have my line work in one location and the text in another. The model space version of work is all skewd. If I move the text back with the linework, then nothing looks right in the viewports for printing. Has anyone had this issue or can help explain what is going on??? I've never had this issue before and it'd be nice to get it resolved or at least understood.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

What version of AutoCAD do you have?
What servicepack have you installed for AutoCAD?

Do you run a vertical product like ACA, MEP, Civil3D or do you have any tools/applications on top of AutoCAD?

Last but not least to the drawing: does that happen always or just in one drawing? Can you upload the drawing showing the issue?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
jggerth
in reply to: Anonymous

When you switch to model space, are you going to model space _through_ the viewport (VPMAX command) or are you switching to the model space tab?

If the latter,  can you verify the UCS and VIEW that's current on the model space tab, and see what the differences are between that, and the settings through the viewport?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost