AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Distinguished Contributor
blowout
Message 1 of 13 (472 Views)
Accepted Solution

pdf's

472 Views, 12 Replies
10-17-2012 09:22 AM

I have approximately 700 drawings (Acad 2013), that I have to generate pdf's for as well as plot them 11X17. My problem is they are in color(s), a lot of yellow text. How do publish them as black and white to file as well as to the printer? I am using basic Adobe.

Valued Contributor
Rick-K
Message 2 of 13 (462 Views)

Re: pdf's

10-17-2012 10:37 AM in reply to: blowout

I am guessing you want your PDF's in black & white.

I plot by color.

Meaning if my line is say blue then it is .25 mm wide, white=.7 mm etc.

But all plot black.

What I did is I made a CTB file and have all of the colors set to Black but have different pen widths per color that I want.

Use this CTB file (plot style table) and your plots will be black & white.

If you do not care about different pen widths you can use the monochrome CTB file that comes with ACAD.

As far as publishing a PDF I havent figured that out yet because of the save to filename thing.

Hope this helps.

Rick

blowout
Message 3 of 13 (436 Views)

10-17-2012 01:31 PM in reply to: Rick-K
First, thanks Rick for your response. I have no problem printing them black or any other color straight from Acad. It's the publishing issue. Client wants Black and white pdfs. I need to publish them straight to pdf as black and white or mono without opening all 700 files and changing the settings Since my post I found the key to plotting Black and White (Monochrome). In The Publish window where it list the drawings, under page setup I can change to Mono and the pdf is saved or printed B&W. Now if I can just get the plot to center! Turns out that the guy who initially made the drawings, did not start them at coord. 0,0. It seems that the pdf starts there and chops off the drawing's rt side by the distance between the drawing origin and 0,0. I hope I don't have to open 700 dwgs and move them to 0,0!!! The information contained in this email message is confidential and may be legally privileged and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not an intended recipient or if you have received this message in error, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify us by return email or telephone if the sender's phone number is listed above, then promptly and permanently delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation and consideration.
Valued Contributor
Rick-K
Message 4 of 13 (434 Views)

10-17-2012 01:40 PM in reply to: blowout

Hopefully they are all off the same way.

If so maybe try creating a page setup to correctly plot the drawings.

Create the page setup inside one of the drawings or a seperate drawing. Just remember which file it is in.

Then use the import option to plot them. (see attached).

Do not try to publish all 700 at once, because if it crashes you will have to sort out where it crashed from.

Maybe 30 - 40 at a time at the most.

Rick

blowout
Message 5 of 13 (391 Views)

10-19-2012 09:45 AM in reply to: Rick-K

Hello!... I had to open them all and reset them to 0,0. And also I found that in the Publish windows where the drawings to published are listed, you can click the pull down and choose Monochrome ( Selected all the drawings in the list) , and the either print mono, or they create Monochrome pdfs! That works perfect. Now if Only there was a way pdf 700 drawings, or batch print 700 drawings!! Anyway thanks for all the responses... As usual you guys have saved my day!!

khoward13
Message 6 of 13 (388 Views)

10-19-2012 10:17 AM in reply to: blowout

I'm having the same trouble, massive number of dwgs needed to pdf in black and white, but I don't have an option for monochrome in the pull down menu. I just got moved from a machine running 2007 CAD to 2013, and the way I've been batch publishing doesn't work anymore. When I was on '07 CAD, all I had to have was one of the dwgs with the right page setup, highlighted all of them in the list and then changed them all to that setup. Now when I do that, it either only pdfs the one with the right page setup, or won't pdf anything at all.

blowout
Message 7 of 13 (382 Views)

10-19-2012 10:29 AM in reply to: khoward13

try this. I also use 2013. so far i can change as many as 10 drawings ( all i'v tried so far)

blowout
Message 8 of 13 (379 Views)

10-19-2012 10:31 AM in reply to: khoward13

khoward13, i access that window from he publishing icon on my ribbon or from the pull downs under File menu

blowout
Message 9 of 13 (378 Views)

and i just finised opening 700 dwgsRe: pdf's

10-19-2012 10:34 AM in reply to: khoward13

and i just finised opening 700 dwgs, and fixing the page setup. That went pretty fast.there's probaby some one who can generate some kinda macro that will do it.

rbrodie
Message 10 of 13 (237 Views)

07-04-2013 07:19 PM in reply to: Rick-K

i am a Newbie in v2014, and having frustrations printing a PDF in BLACK and  WHITE, for each time i print a pdf it shows up ONLY IN COLOR.

i have been using v2008 for years now and had no problem printing my PDFs in BLACK and WHITE, simply using my own custom .ctb file (wherein the colors had custom thickness and screening, with each color listed as BLACK). 

With my new v2014 software, and following its TOOLS / OPTIONS / PLOT & PUBLISH / Plot Style Table Settings, I used the "Add a Plot Style Table Wizard" to convert my v2008 .ctb file into a v2014 .ctb file (and then placed this newly converted plot style into my "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\UserDataCache\Plotters\Plot Styles" directory so that upon restarting AutoCAD, it would then appear as a selected plot style choice within TOOLS / OPTIONS.

Sadly, this converted v2014 plot style STILL ONLY PRINTS IN COLOR.

Could someone please tell me what i have done wrong??  Thanks much for any help!

(screen capture of newly converted v2014 plot style table attached0

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.