Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pdf as underlay

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rado7rado
477 Views, 6 Replies

pdf as underlay

I need help.I have pdf plans (size is 2 meter x1 meter) that i need to draw in autocad.Is there ani chance to import that pdf in actual size(like layer) and then draw over that?Any sugestion is welcome.

Thanks

p.s:sorry fore my bad English

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
VitalyF
in reply to: rado7rado

Hi

Try to use the help, there is a well written

About Attaching Files as Underlays

To Attach a PDF Underlay

Vitaly

Message 3 of 7
pendean

OPEN the DWG file in AutoCAD: now drag and drop the PDF from Windows Explorer over the DWG and let go. Follow the prompts in AutoCAD to finish attaching the file. Do NOT resize the PDF.
Message 4 of 7
rado7rado

Thanks for help.I still hawe problem.I dont know how to import pdf in actual size.I import file but  file is not actual size and is not in metric size.I hawe plans in metric and when i import there is size imperial.Could someone help or make some video.I attach plan so you could see what i mean.

Plese help.

Message 5 of 7
VitalyF

Hi,

Your PDF is created in inches, then:

1. Open dwg > type > "_PDFATTACH"

2. Set scale 25,4 and any insert point

3. Select it pdf > type "Scale"  > Scale factor - with Reference options

4. Specify the diameter of any circle > Type the desired diameter,

ok!?

PS

> pendean

I think that if he could go back then would not ask this question...

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Your PDF is a 35"x49" plot according to Adobe Acrobat (not metric).
Attaching it in AutoCAD gives the same results: actual size, 35"x49" (not metric).

I can see the labels say 3mm (isn't that the thickness of those items?) and so on in the PDF on the various parts, but this PDF was printed wrong. Or is there a 35x39 metric sheet size I'm not aware of?

Looks like SCALE command if you want to scale the PDF after attachment: wait for others to offer any other tips, but I say go back to your PDF source and ask for a Metric PDF instead.

ScreenShot001.png

Message 7 of 7
rado7rado
in reply to: pendean

Ok i see now.I have adobe in Slovenian language and becose this i see everithing in metric.When i choose English language measurements are in inches.Now i see that problem is there.Thanks for help.I will try to solve this. Smiley Embarassed

Thanks for help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost