Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new AutoCAD 15 and Phantom lines in model space

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
therealjohndoe
1623 Views, 3 Replies

new AutoCAD 15 and Phantom lines in model space

I was just upgraded to autoCAD 15 and now ever drawing I open has phantoms lines streaching across model space going everywhich way. As I move around and zoom in and out the lines change and move, shifting from the differnt points on the real lines or text that is in the drawing. Every fake line seems to touch a snappoint on somthing in the drawing (except for the one that goes to the 0,0,0 point).

there is a point that if I zoom in enough they all disapper but they come right back once I zoom out again. It is the most bizzar thing I have ever seen with any CAD program ever. Please help.

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 3 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: therealjohndoe

The phantom lines are likely caused by a conflict between the new 2015 graphics system and your video card/video driver.  Disabling Hardware Acceleration may solve the display issue, but at the expense of some graphics performance/features. You might try updating your graphics driver, and/or disabling the new LINESMOOTHING feature in lieu of disabling Hardware Acceleration if you want to explore other options.

Message 4 of 4
braudpat
in reply to: therealjohndoe

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

1) Have you installed the SP 1 for 2015 ?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2015-service-...

2) Which graphic card on your PC ?

If you have an ATI or a NVidia, have you installed the latest driver ??

Because only latest drivers can handle correctly (with graphic hardware acceleration = ON) the "new graphic" engine of the 2015 ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost