Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with plotting in autocad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Premierpaper
238 Views, 2 Replies

need help with plotting in autocad

hello, so im hoping someone can help me. since i cant post this to the correct board im posting it here. im using autocad 2000i with windows 7 that we just recently switched to(windows 7). eversince, my e-size dwgs have all been printing 2:1 scale. some even 4:1 !! so when i go to plot, i have to choose half scale on most of the e-size files otherwise they come out double the size and it requires me to babysit the plotter. my dwgs are drawn at 1:1 and the viewport scale is correct. even when i go into the windows plotter settings there isnt anything unusual that stands out. for the record its only the e-size dwgs. if anyone can help out that would be awsome. thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ampster402
in reply to: Premierpaper

welcome to the forums.

While you wait for replies over here, you can also scan thru and consider posting in the Printing and Plotting forum and you'll notice a few posts over there with similar issues;

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Printing-and-Plotting/bd-p/30

It might help to mention we may need more info such as 32 or 64 bit Win7, what printer are you having problems with as well as printer driver versions, etc.

I believe 2000i is not compatible with Win7 so what you have working so far is great.

HTH

Message 3 of 3
Premierpaper
in reply to: ampster402

yea i checked some of the threads out so far nothing matches what im looking for but ill keep looking. thanks for that. so i have windows 7 64 bit, the plotter is a canon ipf750 using the stock plotter driver (what came with it) version 4.53. so far everything works great between autocad 2000 and win 7 and im suprised that it works this well but im just having this issue and its wasting a lot of time and paper becuase if i dont run over to the plotter to check ea. dwg. then i might end up with a huge mess. ive looked into downloading an additional plotter driver the help but so far on canon's website nothing seems to be made for my version of autocad. i may have to go into my custom plotter properties and set all of my e-size dwgs to print at 50% or something ? have any thoughts? i will repost this thread over in the plotting section for extra help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost