Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving a dimension suffix without breaking dim line

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stevev0983
1563 Views, 4 Replies

moving a dimension suffix without breaking dim line

I constantly use the \X suffix to add "net" below many of my dimensions. However, if I use DIMTEDIT to move the dimension at all (aside from choosing left or right), it breaks the dimension line.

Does anyone know any way around this or have a lisp routine to work around it?

I tried to add an attachment, but I'm not sure it will show up. If it does, I want the dim on the right to be where it is located but not breal the dimension line.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dmfrazier
in reply to: stevev0983

So many Dim Vars, so little time.

"I want the dim on the right to be where it is located but not break the dimension line."

Can you post a DWG with just one dimension using that style?  It would be helpful to be able to look at all the settings in the DIMStyle you're using (plus any overrides that might be set on the object).

In the meantime, you could experiment with different options on the Fit tab of the Dim Style.

Message 3 of 5
stevev0983

Here ya go. This is a simple example of it, but I work with several different people with several different styles and none of them will do what I want them to do.

What I'm simply looking for it to do is NOT break the dimension line when I want to shift the dimension text left or right.

Message 4 of 5
dmfrazier

Well, if you change (in the Dimstyle) Fit, Text placement to "Beside the dimension line", the dim line won't break when you grip-move the text, but for some reason the text moves down so that the dim line goes thru the bottom of the fraction.  This appears to be due to the stacked fraction, as this does not happen when they aren't stacked.  Other than unstacking the fraction, I can't find a way to make the text stay in the same location vertically in relation to the dim line.

Message 5 of 5
stevev0983

I really cannot understand why they simply cannot make it so that you can drag the dim text and the suffix along the dimension line. Seems like in the scheme of the complexity of the program it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost