AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Swass78
Message 1 of 4 (159 Views)

minor selection issue

159 Views, 3 Replies
10-20-2012 10:31 AM

Hi, I'm very new to AutoCAD and I feel this issue is a simple one but couldn't find a solution about it.

I am selectiong using a crossing window. Normally (on another computer) I would see the lines and stuff get selected as I drag the selection box. As the box crosses a line or object, it highlights automatically so I can see the selection before I close the selection box.

Now, on my laptop, I do not see the objects that will be selected. AutoCAD rather waits until I close the selection window, then it highlights the selected items.

I searched the OPtions, but couldn't find anything that changed that. Could someone point me to a solution?

Thanks a lot, and sorry if this had been addressed. I didn't really know what terms to search for exactly.

Mentor
Janet2009
Message 2 of 4 (149 Views)

Re: minor selection issue

10-20-2012 11:22 AM in reply to: Swass78

Selection Preview settings

Swass78
Message 3 of 4 (141 Views)

10-20-2012 12:04 PM in reply to: Janet2009

Yeah I tried that. Does not do anything, visually.

Here is what I tried :

OP -> selection tab :

Preview When a/no command is active (tried both checked or unchecked)

Property preview (tried checked or unchecked)

OP -> selection tab -> Visual Effect Settings :

Texture fill and Indicate selection area (tried checked or unchecked)

Line highlighting set to "both" (tried Dash and Thicken too)

The only thing I can think of is that I imported the profile and CUI I use at school. However, reverting to defaults does not fix it. Lines still wait until I release the selection window before showing as selected...

Swass78
Message 4 of 4 (137 Views)

10-20-2012 12:29 PM in reply to: Swass78

Oh, just got it. FYI, here is what was wrong :

OP -> System tab -> Performance settings -> Enable Hardware Acceleration checkbox was unchecked

Don't really know why it wasn't checked but, that did it.

Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube