AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
mr-_-small
Message 1 of 10 (447 Views)

lock object

447 Views, 9 Replies
12-04-2012 11:46 AM

i made a toolbar that has a command like this "_plot 752.3389,680.5393 641.0157,524.6924" a print command.

when i click on the toolbar commands the print windows appear then i click on the option "windows", autcad take the coordinates and print the object , 

the onley problem is if someone move the object outside of the coordinates area the print command will be unusefull ,

i want to lock the object that it can not be moved onley

i can put it on layer and lock the layer, but then i can not copy it also all othe modify command will lockd ,

is there any way to disable only move command for some object .

**Master
dmfrazier
Message 2 of 10 (442 Views)

Re: lock object

12-04-2012 11:57 AM in reply to: mr-_-small

Have you tested your toolbar button?  Does it actually do what you say?  (I suspect not.)

Although you might eventually get this "concept" to work, there are other approaches to automating plotting that will be much more useful in the long run.

I suggest you investigate Page Setups and PC3 files, for starters.

Contributor
mr-_-small
Message 3 of 10 (428 Views)

12-04-2012 01:17 PM in reply to: dmfrazier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzYJVMeHOag&feature=youtu.be

its work . u can see in the video , 

i don not know abuot autoprinting , also some time i just need to print one thing not the hole project .

hope u there is a way .. 

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 4 of 10 (424 Views)

12-04-2012 01:23 PM in reply to: mr-_-small

locking a single object to an XYZ coordinate is not part of the normal autoCAD capabilites.  It's probably possible with some programming, using Vlisp & Reactors, but not exactly trivial.

**Master
dmfrazier
Message 5 of 10 (414 Views)

12-04-2012 01:40 PM in reply to: mr-_-small

"u can see in the video..."

I see now what you are doing (I think), and, as I said earlier, this "concept" may work (in a manner of speaking), but in the long run (assuming you will use AutoCAD as most of us do), I think use of layout tabs, page setups, and PC3s will prove to be more versatile.

"i don not know abuot autoprinting..."

When I said "automating plotting", I was referring to what you are trying to do.  Those Toolbar buttons you have created are a form of automation.

How do you know which plot button to select for a particular print/page?

In any case, there is no way, as far as I know, to disable only the move command, without disabling other editing commands as well.

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 6 of 10 (404 Views)

12-04-2012 02:34 PM in reply to: JGerth

JGerth wrote:

locking a single object to an XYZ coordinate is not part of the normal autoCAD capabilites. 

Fix Constraint.  OOTB

Fix.png

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 7 of 10 (397 Views)

12-04-2012 02:44 PM in reply to: JDMather

Thanks JD -- i've not had much need for parametric yet, and tend to forget all about them.

while
I like being right, I love being wrong whne I learn something:smileyhappy:

Contributor
mr-_-small
Message 8 of 10 (384 Views)

12-04-2012 05:21 PM in reply to: mr-_-small

thank you all .... fix command is good one ,,, but still not working because it lock x and y only not z .
try use it on rectangle by command move u see it rotate at center.

and for the toolbar i can chang the command picture like symbol... p1  p2   e1  e2  ,, and using biger picture . 

i did not understand this : 

I think use of layout tabs, page setups, and PC3s will prove to be more versatile.

I suggest you investigate Page Setups and PC3 files, for starters.

i open page setup i did not find any thing to do such thing and pc3 ! 

please im not pro .. and my languge is not english ... -_- 

i find this way good for me because customers come alot asking for print of there projects , and the file is shared with other eng... so its able to miss with ... 

i lock the opjects layer that does not need to be modify until we find out other way .

glad u all here ...^_^ 

121.jpg

Contributor
mr-_-small
Message 9 of 10 (371 Views)

12-04-2012 06:50 PM in reply to: dmfrazier

now i know what u mean ..... i west alot of time on my commands ....

i did not know that there is such an option in page setup  ..

it the same idea ... i could make the same thing with less time .... 

thanks man but i still dont know what pc3 mean .... 

**Master
dmfrazier
Message 10 of 10 (357 Views)

12-05-2012 05:33 AM in reply to: mr-_-small

PC3 files are Printer Configuration files.  They store printer/plotter settings so that once you've set them for a particular type of print/plot job, you don't have to set them all over again if you want to use those settings with another layout or drawing.  For example, you can create a PC3 file for a particular output device (hard- or soft-copy) that stores a specific page size, orientation, and quality setting that may be different from the device defaults.  The PC3 file can be selected during the plot or page setup process (they appear along with your system printers in the drop-down Name list in the Printer/Plotter section of the dialog).

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube