Did you mean: 

keyboard shortcuts not working

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
45374 Views, 10 Replies

keyboard shortcuts not working

I have two AutoLISP applications using AutoCAD 2014.  Both have a custom menu.  In each there are keyboard shortcuts defined.  In one application the shortcuts work and in the other they do not.

For example, in the application that does not work and Ctrl-C is a cancel.  Ctrl-O is a Ortho toggle.  But, they should be, per CUI for that application, Copy Clip and Open.

I know these are the OLD AutoCAD definitions of these keyboard shortcuts.  Any idea why I should the shortcuts to work in one and not in the other?  Pickfirst is set to 1 in both.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
scot-65
in reply to: Anonymous

Double check WSCURRENT.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: scot-65

WSCURRENT is set in both applications.  However, work space does not have an entry to keyboard shortcuts, so I presume it is being picked up in the main CUI keyboard shortcuts.  Is that correct?

Message 4 of 11
Balaji_Ram

Hello Leif,

You may need to check the assigned keyboard shortcuts in the CUI dialog after the partial cuix files from both the applications are loaded in AutoCAD. The main cuix may have a keyboard shortcut assigned to a command which could be overridden by the keyboard shortcut assigned by one of the partial cuix files that is loaded.

Multiple partial cuix files may assign the same keyboard shortcut to a command and this could also be causing this behavior.

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

I have my main CUI for the application and ACAD as the partial.  The main CUI is a subset of the ACAD CUI for keyboard shortcuts.  However, they are the same.  For example, both have Ctrl-C defined as Copy Clip.  However, when I enter a Ctrl-C and I get *CANCEL*.

I have another application were the keyboard short-cut works.  However, I don't see what is the difference between the CUI in the two applications.  Is there some other variable at work?  Both have PICKFIRST set to 1.

Message 6 of 11
Balaji_Ram

Hi Leif,

I am not aware of any system variable that would cause the keyboard shortcut to not function correctly.

To confirm that the variables are the same, can you export the system variables using "sysvdlg" command from express tools in those two systems and compare them. Is there any difference in the system variables in those systems ?

Also, in the system where you have this problem, can you try assigning the same keyboard shortcut to any other command ?

If this already being used, AutoCAD would be displaying that information. To which command is it associated ?

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

When I run sysvdlg on the application were the shortcut keys don't work I get a file.

When I run sysvdlg on the application were the shortcut keys do work I get the following message:

SYSVDLG.DAT file not found.

Also, the dialog box does not come up.  I don't know if that is related to my issue, but it makes it hard to compare.

I also found if I use the ACAD menu, go to Edit/Copy it does a CopyClip.  But using the shortcut key shown in the menu, Ctrl+C, I get a *CANCEL*.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

I have the solution.  I just unloaded and reloaded acad.cuix as the partial menu.

No idea why that works, but it does.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Can you explain in to me where to find (CUI dialog) and correct the keyboard shortcuts, F9 works all the rest do different commands but not what I use to be able to do.

Thanks

Dot

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Type in CUI at the command line prompt.

Click on Keyboard shortcuts.  On the right side is the shortcut keys defined for your customization file.

Click on a line to change.  Right click on a line to delete.

Message 11 of 11
jwEE4J8

isn't there a simpler solution rather than reloading a menu?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost