Did you mean: 

global change for attributes

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
KaraB.
6912 Views, 8 Replies

global change for attributes

At a previous job, we had a lisp routine that would allow us to click or window several attributes and then globally change their data values. Does anyone know where I can find something like this?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
hwalker
in reply to: KaraB.

If you have Express Tools installed it's called GATTE

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 9
KaraB.
in reply to: hwalker

Thanks! I'm trying to use the GATTE command right now. I can't seem to get the hang of it. I assumed that at the block name prompt, I'm supposed to type the name of the block, then I type the tag name, then I type what I want to change the text to. When it gets to the point of selecting blocks, it won't select anything. What am I missing?
Message 4 of 9
iampeter

try "ddatte" command

Message 5 of 9
hwalker

@KaraB. wrote:
Thanks! I'm trying to use the GATTE command right now. I can't seem to get the hang of it. I assumed that at the block name prompt, I'm supposed to type the name of the block, then I type the tag name, then I type what I want to change the text to. When it gets to the point of selecting blocks, it won't select anything. What am I missing?

Sorry about taking so long to get back to you.

Type in GATTE and then you should select the text in the block you wish to change

eg. you have 10 layout tabs and each of them has a block called attrib2a.

That block has a lot of text fields in it one of them is called year and it has the year 2013 in there already.

Click on the text 2013 and then change that to 2014. It will ask do you wish to change all instances say yes and it will make 10 changes for you.

I've attached a drawing for you to try it out on.

The first layout is the layout as I use it. The second layout is just a load of gobbledigook.

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 6 of 9
abubakars

Though the solution is given to you to update Attribute values, I would like to share here the extended Attribute update methods using LayoutManager which is free and available to download  from Autodesk Exchange Apps.

Below are the videos demostrate the commands available in this tool  to update the Attribute values.

Update Attribute - single

Update Attributes- group by selection

Update Attribute - by custom values

Update Attribute - by custom values in ModelSpace

Update Attribute - based on another Attribute value

Download the main application from Autodesk Exchange Apps from the link above and upon completion of installation downloading the update from the below link

LayoutManager -Update

Hope this will help someone .

Abubakars

Message 7 of 9
KaraB.

Thanks for the info! Maybe I'm having problems because the tag I'm trying to change within the block is invisible. I wound up selecting all of the attribute blocks and using the properties window to change them. I won't need to do this very often, so this is pretty quick & simple to do. Thanks for your time though!
Message 8 of 9
radar696

So Hwalker,

I came to the forum today for a refresher on this command:  GATTE

I just could not find my cheat sheet.

So found my command but then I saw that you had written the word gobbledigook!

I just needed to say sir that you shouldn't use such words since it locks you into a previous era!

Oh, one more thing, I'm left-handed and proud too!

Radar

Message 9 of 9
hwalker
in reply to: radar696

Well I am 46 in just under a fortnight's time

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost