Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export - pdf, failed to get plot settings dictionary

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jbellric
1552 Views, 4 Replies

export - pdf, failed to get plot settings dictionary

i have a set of prints (4 seperate files) and when i try to eport them to pdf, i get a error stating:

Job: - Error(s) Did Not Plot

Job ID: 1

Sheet set name:

Date and time started: 9/25/2013 7:05:02 AM

Date and time completed: 9/25/2013 7:05:03 AM

UserID: X.X

Profile ID:

Total sheets: 1

Sheets plotted: 0

Number of errors: 1

Number of warnings: 0

Sheet: B-0193-1-Model - Error(s) Did Not Plot

File: Z:\Engineering\PRINTS\BPRINTS\B-0193-1.dwg

Category name:

Page setup:

Device name:

Plot file path:

Paper size:

ERROR: Internal Error: Failed to get Plot Settings Dictionary.

The file was originally created with Autocad 2010 in 2011.  i would post the file but it is a customer print and i cannot disclose it here.  we are now running up-to-date autocad 2013.  this is not a problem with other files i have had to work with (older and newer). just seemds to be a localized event and am wondering if it is that something is corrupt.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jbellric

Hi,

What driver did you use to create the PDF?

As you mentioned that this only happens with that drawing: Try to open the file using command _RECOVER (or if it contains XRef's then use command _RECOVERALL).

If that does not help you might try to create a new empty drawing and copy&paste the geometry from your existing problem-drawing to the new one.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Continuing on the possible corrupt file theme, please take a look at the following blog post:

http://withoutanet.typepad.com/without_a_net/2013/03/recover-damaged-drawings-clean-corrupted-drawin...

Following those steps may help to get the files back into a useable state.

Shawn Niles
Message 4 of 5
jbellric
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

What driver did you use to create the PDF?

I'm not sure.  I looked first to see if it was a problem with the printer but the export feature doesn't say which driver it uses.  (this isn't through the plot command, it is through the A\export\pdf as shown in the picture).  i haven't tried copying to a new drawing yet as i can still print it to paper just fine.  also, with some tinkering i got it to work if i switch it to override but it will not center the drawing on the paper.  so the original problem still exists and i'd like to get it resolved.

Message 5 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jbellric

Hi,

>> this isn't through the plot command, it is through the A\export\pdf

Better use the _PLOT command (or _PUBLISH) as you have then full control (also centering) of how the geometry is transfered to the page/PDF.

Let's know if that fails too or (hopefully) it works.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost