Did you mean: 

erasing objects "not in current space"

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Mini-Systems
15747 Views, 18 Replies

erasing objects "not in current space"

I was sent a drawing that I tried to zoom extents and the object is completely zoomed to its extents. I get a message that there are 2 objects not in current space. Not sure what or where they are. How can I ease only those objects???

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
ampster401
in reply to: Mini-Systems

check all the other model/layout tabs, you might find the missing items there.

Message 3 of 19
Mini-Systems
in reply to: ampster401

Yeah I tried that thanks. I even deleted the layouts and still get 2 not in current space Man Frustrated

Message 4 of 19
blowout

i usually just erase alll, then remove what i want to keep. That usually grabs all the elements out in space

Message 5 of 19
nestly2

Zoom Extents in Modelspace then SELECT>ALL, then Shift-Select to de-select everything in Modelspace.  Properties Pallete should tell you what type of object(s) are still selected.  QSELECT remaining objects and delete

... or post the drawing  🙂

Message 6 of 19
Mini-Systems
in reply to: nestly2

I wish i could post it. So I select all and it still finds 2 but if I unselect the good stuff it tells me the 2 dont count. Shouldnt the total equal 2??

Select objects: ALL
366 found
2 were not in current space.
Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 364 found, 364 removed, 0 total
Select objects: *Cancel*

Message 7 of 19
nestly2

oops, my mistake.  Objects not in the current space are detected, but not selected.

I believe SELECT>ALL will always find at least one Paperspace object for each layout tab even if there are no actual viewports or modelspace objects.

Message 8 of 19
jez0705

Erase/All/R/Highlight all objects you want, then ENTER.

Message 9 of 19

Finally this worked for me too.

Message 10 of 19
aruckerY7D6L

Verified by going into the only layout and trying the SELECT>ALL; this shows only one item in current space but this time it specifies that it is the viewport (even with no viewport present). Wish it would have specified that in model space too so users wouldn't be hunting it.

Message 11 of 19

I am not sure if when getting message if the Overkill worked or not, because I am using a lsp file that executes the blocks within the drawing performing this overkill command; however, the last output after completion says "38 blocks cleaned" Thinking its good. If you are looking for this application, it can be found by searcing " overkillinblocks" Cheers, Greg

Message 12 of 19
thuan.cao

I got the same problem. It takes too much time to solve it. If anyone can help it would be great. Thanks.

Message 13 of 19
Patchy
in reply to: thuan.cao

This?

Ctrl+A and delete them

This.JPG

Message 14 of 19
pendean

@thuan.cao wrote:

I got the same problem. It takes too much time to solve it. If anyone can help it would be great. Thanks.

pendean_0-1657648427906.pngpendean_1-1657648590430.pngpendean_2-1657648701619.png

Message 15 of 19
thuan.cao
in reply to: pendean

How do I do it ? I've called purged command and purge all but the result is  the same. How do you use that command ?Thanks.

Message 16 of 19
thuan.cao
in reply to: Patchy

I did zoom e but only see the block of main drawing. Other object is not visible . how do you do that ? thanks

Message 17 of 19
Patchy

Hold down the Ctrl key and the A key to select all.

Use the wheel to scroll out to see them all.

Message 18 of 19
pendean

@thuan.cao wrote:

How do I do it ? I've called purged command and purge all but the result is  the same. How do you use that command ?Thanks.

This freebie add-in https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=3773138176974634673&appLang=en&os=Win32_64

The other screenshots are from RECOVER command and AUDIT command: usage is explained in HELP.

May I ask: why do you have shademode set to anything other than 2D in your posted file?

Message 19 of 19
hpfarr
in reply to: pendean

AUDIT worked like a charm, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost