Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edit block in place 2015

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tcscad
2386 Views, 6 Replies

edit block in place 2015

Hi have been using autocad 2015 now for over a week and havent run into any problems....until i started to "edit a block in place" today.  first i tred to edit a dynamic block in place and i can edit it but as soon as i hit save, i get locked up.  cant reopen the drawing, cant recover the drawing. have to open autocad and open the drawing before i tried that edit.  i thought maybe the problem was trying to edit a dynamic block, but then when i tried to "edit in place" a regular block the same thing happened.  I hate editing the block in the block editor which is why i right click and use "edit block in place".

anyone else had this problem?

tina

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: tcscad

No issues here with BEDIT (or REFEDIT) and blocks: no lockup with BEDIT and a dynamic block I pulled in from the samples menu either.

Can you share a DWG file with a couple of your DynBlocks that lock up on you here?
Message 3 of 7
tcscad

this file has dynamic blocks of doors and a regular block of a small louvered window.  both locked up the drawing.  this particular drawing i cant even get 2015 to open now.

Message 4 of 7
ccastelein

i too have have many lock-ups when edit in place for blocks or xrefs.

i have a 50-50 chance to whether it will lock up. most of the time i have to stop process and start over.

its to the point i try and make sure i save before i edit in place. Very buggy.

previous version didnt do this.

Message 5 of 7
leothebuilder

I opened your drawing several times, manipulated a few dynamic doors and experienced no problems or lockups. (2015)

Message 6 of 7
jml
Community Visitor

yes similar issues ..block editor in place only works on some blocks, why it wont work in others I have no idea,...very annoying, ..does anyone know how to correct this or what to look for.
(I have a building layout with several other blocks within it, no locked or hidden or frozen layers) . I can still edit the block, ..but just not in place,..grrr
Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: jml

What's wrong with those blocks? That's probably where the fix needs to occur. Can you share a file and point to the blocks in question?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost