12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
aarifmalik
1990 Views, 12 Replies

door on curved polyline

can any one show me how to make a door on curved polyline plzzzzzzzzzz

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

A bit more information would be helpful. Such as: is this vanilla acad or other? from the pic it would appear you want the opening for the door, not necessarily the door itself. how was the wall modeled?
Message 3 of 13

Message 4 of 13
pendean
in reply to: aarifmalik

Do you understand the concept of how to build/assemble a door in a curved wall in the field?
In adition to the excellent questions posted above... .
Message 5 of 13
aarifmalik
in reply to: pendean

I NO HOW TO MAKE EXTRUCTION ON STRAIGHT WALL BT NOT ON CURVED WALL
Message 6 of 13
pendean

Post your CAD file, we want to see your "wall"
Message 7 of 13

YA i made it on autocad 2013 and walls i made with extruction command with dimensions........
Message 8 of 13
pendean

In that case: pick up a door/frame you already created on a straight wall and place it on your curved wall. Real-world Doors/frames are almost always straight and never curved except in very rare unlimited-budget projects.

Yes, your curved wall needs a straight section.
Message 9 of 13
Patchy

Draw an arc, extrude then thicken it.

Message 10 of 13
steve216586

Back in my construction days we framed the doors using two pieces of 3/4" plywood glued and screwed together. Drew the arc which was needed and cut. This was the rough opening for the bottom of the header. Then cut 3/8" deep curfs into 3/4" x 6" x rough opening lengths of plywood which we could bend for the header itself. Laminated these together by the glue and screw method mentioned above. Basically creating an engineered beam for the header which was the arc radius of the wall.

The doors could then be mounted into this rough opening. If you are using french doors as the picture depicts you might me using, the doors themselves would be straight. However, the jack studs, forming the rough opening inside the door opening, need to be cut with an angle along the height, this is to secure the doors to a flush and square surface, not a curved one. The king studs add to the door frame structure, so the little amount of material you remove from the jack studs will be negligible. See quick sketch attached.

EDIT: I might add that the entire section of the curved wall would have the sole plate and double top plate cut from plywood to form the necessary arc for framing the studs along its length.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 11 of 13
aarifmalik
in reply to: pendean

here is the file now to plz show me how to make a door on a curved wall with a gif file...

Message 12 of 13
JDMather

Notice that your polyline is not planar.

Door.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
aarifmalik
in reply to: JDMather

it was just a try to make the door plz show how to make

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost