Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do not like 2015 interface

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
RChalmers2
628 Views, 10 Replies

do not like 2015 interface

I do not like the 2015 black interface.  I tried it for two or three weeks and switched back to light.

Also, still not a fan of the ribbon - and not just in AutoCAd.  Do not like it in Word, Excel,etc.

Just saying.....

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ampster401
in reply to: RChalmers2

get used to it.

Message 3 of 11
RChalmers2
in reply to: ampster401

You must work for Autodesk....
Message 4 of 11
JDMather

@RChalmers2 wrote:

SolidWorks and Creo switched to Ribbon Interface too.

Those products are competitors of Autodesk CAD product.

You might have stated, "You must work for Microsoft...."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 11
nestly2

The good news is that for now at least, you still have a choice between light and dark, and an option to use a Classic style interface.   There really haven't been many significant improvements to AutoCAD lately, you may want to take a hard look at whether you're better off not upgrading.

Message 6 of 11
ampster401

@RChalmers2 wrote:

Directly, No.

Linux user at heart - so am full of anti-M$ feelings - but what's it going to do to complain about it?  No amount of end users dislike is going to change the direction Autodesker's take us it appears.

Due to the way Inventor has forced us to use the Ribbon interface, I got used to it there.  Rumors indicate there's no hope for a classic AutoCAD interface in 2016 so eventually I'll get used to it there.

Come to think about it, if any software, O.S., apps, etc stagnated and kept the same interface year after year I would have dropped that the 2nd or 3rd yr and moved on to something else.

Change is good/learning pains./baby steps, etc.  Down the road it will be worth it.

Message 7 of 11
tq1918
in reply to: ampster401

I am still using 2013.  We paid for 2014 and probably 2015 we just haven’t installed em yet, too busy (probably breaking all kind of end user agreements, heh heh).  I am sad to hear that there will be no hope for button users.  I know that is where everyone is going, but where did you here that 2016 will no longer have buttons or classic view. 

What is next, removing the keyboard functions?  Or worse AutoCAD will work like Windows 8.  We will all have to have touch screens to get full functionality of AutoCAD.  

Message 8 of 11
dgorsman
in reply to: tq1918

Ermmm... plenty of buttons.  They're in the Ribbon.  Want toolbars?  Rip off panels - they even have features that aren't in toolbars.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 9 of 11
ampster401
in reply to: tq1918

somewhere in the forums here someone mentioned no classic toolbars in 2016 and I questioned that statement.  They stated something to the effect of providing support for Adesk and had some sort of knowledge to that effect.

Obviously no real Autodesk employee can state anything like that so for now it's just rumor/s.

Message 10 of 11

@dgorsman wrote:

Ermmm... plenty of buttons.  They're in the Ribbon.  Want toolbars?  Rip off panels - they even have features that aren't in toolbars.

I actually really liked the 'dashboard' in 2008, which (in retrospect) was runup to putting the ribbon in 2009.

I started on dos based autocad and never really got into toolbars and dropdown menus too much.

BUT, as I do more support than I do production work, I leave my interface as close to OOTB appearance as I can.

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 11 of 11
pendean

The Ribbon is just a tabbed toolbar: full if buttons, to can tweak them all as much as you want to look uniform in size with no text.
And as noted, you can pull off the panels, locate or relocate anywhere. Fearing it is unfounded: you may just fear fixing it yourself?

Now the dashboard in 2008, that was good while it lasted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost