Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

define length line intersection

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lambertb
1040 Views, 2 Replies

define length line intersection

I want to make a line 100' long and have it intersect with another line? Can this be done in 1 command?

http://screencast.com/t/tVqzOYfS5pU

C3D 2022 and 2024
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nestly2
in reply to: lambertb

I think a lisp would be the only way to do it inside a single command... I typically just draw a circle and snap to the intersection.

Message 3 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: lambertb

I don't suppose it's as simple as always being in exactly that situation, i.e. coming off the top of a vertical Line and going to a horizontal Line at the level of the bottom of the vertical Line.  But if it is, a routine could be written easily enough that would ask the User to pick the vertical Line, and to which side to go [better yet -- if it's always to the right, it could ask only for selection of the Line], and would then consult with our old friend Pythagoras to decide how far along the horizontal Line to place the other end of the Line, and draw the Line accordingly.  How variable are the circumstances?  If they're more varied, it could still be done, asking the User to pick the point from which to draw, the desired length of the Line, and the object to intersect with at the other end, and the routine could automate nestly2's typical approach.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost