Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crashing when switching drawing tabs

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jcole
1070 Views, 6 Replies

crashing when switching drawing tabs

I am crashing at least once, maybe twice a day and it usually happens when I switch from one drawing tab to another. I had noticed previously that alt-tab tends to crash my machine so I am not using alt-tab as I used to to switch between drawings, but I am still crashing a few times a day. Any ideas? I have two other machines that were bought at the same time mine was, same specs, same graphics card and they are not crashing like I am...It seems to be on any drawing - not one in particular... ?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: jcole

AutoCAD version?
Windows version?
Graphics cards?
specs?
What else do you have installed (software, hardware, plugged-in or unplugged etc.) or not isntalled that the other non-crashing machines do?
Message 3 of 7
jcole
in reply to: pendean

sorry -

Architecture 2015

windows 7

AMD FirePro 4900

the only think I have installed that others do not is Roxio but I haven't used it and its not open..

I disabled Aero Themes

Message 4 of 7
pendean

No Rixio here. In plain AutoCAD 2015 (where you are posting), WIn7 64bit, generic video card, and I switch all day long either with CTRL+TAB (alt+tab is different) or by clicking on the FILE TAB button. No crashes due to that action. So that doesn't help you LOL

Are you all using the same video card drivers? do they have upgrades or downgrades? installed software can cause issues, whether you run it or not. Do you have a phone plugged in? sounds wierd but that be an issue sometimes. What else is different?
Message 5 of 7
jcole
in reply to: pendean

Okay - so over the past month I have been trying to pay more attention..It seems that the autosave is somehow affecting my crashes. If I am in the process of panning when autocad decides to autosave, there is a crash. I think my computer is crashing more than others because I have multiple files open, autosave set to 5 minutes, and so there are a lot of autosaves going on.. maybe?

Message 6 of 7
braudpat

Hello from France

Just a few ideas :

Q1) Please open your DWGs in RECOVER Mode and RESave them ...

Q2) Have you installed the SP 1 for ACAD Architecture 2015 ?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-architecture/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-...

Q3) Have you installed the LATEST AMD driver for your FirePro 4900 ?

Q4) If you run with Graphic hardware Acceleration DISABLED, have you LESS problems ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
tedwardspg
in reply to: braudpat

CTRL+TAB is switch between open dwgs and ALT+TAB is to switch between open sessions of programs. If you are running multiple sessions of ACAD you will experience a majo slow down and possibly crashes because there is not enough RAM or processing speed.

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost