AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

rcssun
Message 1 of 2 (134 Views)

combining drawings

134 Views, 1 Replies
01-25-2013 11:30 PM

I got two separate drawings (say exisitng plan and new plan of house) and I want to overlay both together on a new separate drawing . Also on the new drawing i want to my coordinates to 0,0 rather than global coordintes ( say 222000, 330000) on other two drawings.

How can I do that? Please explin step by step

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (120 Views)

Re: combining drawings

01-26-2013 08:04 AM in reply to: rcssun

Hi,

you can use XRef-technology (>>>details<<<) to get both drawings references into a new one. In this case (as it's "referenced") every change to any of these two drawings will be show up in your new drawing.

You can also use commands like _MOVE/_ROTATE/_SCALE/_ALIGN to get a XRef to your coordinates you want to have.

You might also use command _INSERT (>>>details<<<) to insert the content of the two drawings into a new drawing. In that case the geometry is copied and not reference, that means if any of these two existing drawings are changed your new drawing will not know that. Also for blocks (which you get when you insert a drawing) it's the same, you can use commands .....

>> Please explin step by step

Sorry no. With just 3 lines you wrote as a (half) question I would now have to write 3 books for how to use _INSERT/_XREF/_MOVE/_ROTATE/_SCALE/_ALIGN. Besides of that I don't know if I found the correct answer I would have to spent hours for that (for free).

We don't hold trainigs here, we just want to help everyone to come to a solution (or to point out a way to a solution) even if it might be necessary to either use the help or get some trianing to get that steps done. Otherwise we could do your job. :smileywink:

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube