Did you mean:Ā 

can't edit title block

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
mikec
20413 Views, 10 Replies

can't edit title block

Hello all, I am working on a drawing and typically when I double click the title block all the boxes highlight and I can go into properties and change the text in the blocks. On this drawing I am working on now when I double click the title block only the line that I click on highlights. On another one when I click the title block just the outline highlights and I get a blue grip box in the lower right hand corner. Did I change something I shouldn't have?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: mikec

The first one describes a block with only one attribute.
The second one describes a block with no attributes.

Are any layers in both files locked? Perhaps you don't have a current titleblock in each instance.

Post an actual DWG with its XREF and let's all have a look.
Message 3 of 11
p_mcknight

Can you attach the drawing?

Message 4 of 11
doni49

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, I am working on a drawing and typically when I double click the title block all the boxes highlight and I can go into properties and change the text in the blocks. On this drawing I am working on now when I double click the title block only the line that I click on highlights. On another one when I click the title block just the outline highlights and I get a blue grip box in the lower right hand corner. Did I change something I shouldn't have?

Thanks

Your statement that only the line you click on highlights leads me to believe the titleblock has been exploded.  If it were a block with no blocks, the ENTIRE BLOCK would've highlighted.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 11
mikec
in reply to: doni49

I think you are correct I had an issue and someome reccomended exploding the drawing but how do I go back?

Message 6 of 11
mikec
in reply to: pendean

here is the file thanks.

Message 7 of 11
doni49

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you are correct I had an issue and someome reccomended exploding the drawing but how do I go back?

If you've exploded and can't go back via the undo command, then the only way would be to delete what's there and re-insert the block.  Or if there's a backup available, you could use that.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 8 of 11
mikec
in reply to: pendean

no locked layers

Message 9 of 11
doni49

The dwg file you posted has a block with NO ATTRIBUTES on the "hel rd bare other" tab.  The "hel rd bare one" tab has an exploded block.

Don Ireland

Message 10 of 11
mikec
in reply to: doni49

Ok thanks is there a way I can add attributes, or fix the exploded block. Sorry but I am new at this and I appreciate the help. If I did something wrong I can fix it next time. Thanks

Message 11 of 11
pendean

Wouldn't it be easier to just INSERT a new titleblock? Grab it from your archive copy of the file before you exploded everything.

Otherwise creating a new block with attributes that exactly matches the original you exploded is a long process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost