Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can Install NLM and autocad 2013 on virtual server

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pritcad
5645 Views, 6 Replies

can Install NLM and autocad 2013 on virtual server

We installed autocad 2013 network license on server and able to access from client machine. However, we are unable to access license from server itself.

It is virtual server with windows 2008.

Regards

Pritam

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: pritcad

@pritcad wrote:

We installed autocad 2013 network license on server and able to access from client machine.

However, we are unable to access license from server itself.

Are you saying that the client machines can ping and otherwise communicate with the LM, but AutoCAD will not get a license from there? What error code are you seeing on the client end?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 7
braudpat
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hello from France

The FlexLM can run on a VMware and ACAD 20xx can run on an other VMWare

If the 2 VMWares can communicate and ping themself and if the DNS Server is OK

and if there is no restrictions with a hardware/software Firewall, it must run ...

Are all Ports open ?

Especially : 27000-27009 & 27080

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
pritcad
in reply to: rkmcswain

We installed autocad 2013 network license on server and able to access from client machine.

Message 5 of 7
inchul.lee

Hi pritcad,

This kind of question is better handled in the Installation & Licensing Forum, but let me provide you some information:

First of all, AutoCAD 2013 is supported on the client OS but not the server OS. Please refer to AutoCAD 2013 System Requirements.

Secondly, if you're running the License Manager on virtual machines, please refer to 

2014: Network License Manager System Requirements.

Thirdly, if AutoCAD 2013 installed on the server itself can't get a license, then first check LICPATH.LIC file in the installation folder (ex. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014) and see if it's pointing to the right address (ex. localhost or 127.0.0.1).

Thank you.

Inchul Lee
Message 6 of 7
rkmcswain

@pritcad wrote:

Control Panel > System > Advanced > Environment Variables

Add a System Variable named ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE

Make the value of this variable = the name of your LM preceeded with an "@" sign (for example: @MYLM )

env.png

More info here: http://cadpanacea.com/node/43

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

Installation of AutoCAD on your server is not supported and it is a license violation due to the fact that it is potentially possible to access the installation from a remote terminal.  If you wish to provide this sort of service, then you need a supported Citrix solution.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=13959101

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost