Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block + atttributes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
euniceko
346 Views, 4 Replies

block + atttributes

I draw a circle with radius 2', and I create a block and do the attribute definition. When I inserted the block, it turned out to be an 2 3/8" inches circle. I tried several times, but the results are the same. 

Here is my step:

1. draw a 2' circle

2. create a block (attached the block definition)

3. the Block Editor is opened, command : attdef ( attached the attdef)

4. Place the elevation_tag# at the center of the circle

5. save the block

6. close block editor

7. command: insert, I inserted the elevation tag

8. I attached the inserted block, when it compares to a 2' circle, it is obviously smaller. 

Is it possible to tell me the steps that I am missing? Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
3wood
in reply to: euniceko

Check the block definition see if it is an annotative block. You can redefine it to set annotative to 'No' and then scale all insertions afterwards.

Message 3 of 5
euniceko
in reply to: 3wood

I did not make it annotative

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

you defined the block as "unitless" (see your screenshot "block definition.png"), so when inserting a block with "unitless setting" the sysvar INSUNITSDEFSOURCE (see also command _OPTIONS ==> tab "User Preferences") will be used for insertion-scaling.

2014-01-11 12-04-15.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
pendean

Why post screenshots when the problem is a block in a file? Where is the logic LOL

Insert your block in a new file, confirm the problem exists, save that new file and post it over here. Can't replicate the problem on a new file? Then Delete any sensitive info from your other file and share it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost