Did you mean: 

best way to change fonts in AutoCAD 2014

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mikegera
56527 Views, 3 Replies

best way to change fonts in AutoCAD 2014

Sorry for the very basic and boring question, some of you may be asleep by the end of it:

How to I gain access to all the available fonts in AutoCAD 2014, and what is the best way to change the font of a TEXT object?  If I go to PROPERTIES of a TEXT object, I don't see a font selection anywhere.  I see "style", but that only shows a few options.  Also, if I copy (CTRL-C) a font from one drawing and bring it into anotther drawing, the font style usually goes away and it referts back to a default, I guess.  I am trying, in my case, to employ the Arial Black font.  Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: mikegera

Hi,

>> If I go to PROPERTIES of a TEXT object, I don't see a font selection anywhere

As long as you speak about text and attributes (and not about MTEXT) every of those objects point to a style (which defines the font).

The advantage now is: start command _STYLE, change the font for style "A" and all text-objects based on style "A" will be shown with the other font (maybe a REGEN is necessary). And that's the fastest way to do that. (whereas the style-name "A" here is just a sample)

>> Also, if I copy (CTRL-C) a font from one drawing and bring it into anotther drawing, the font style usually goes away

That depends if the style name already exists in the destination drawing. See that samples:

A style "A" is defined in the source drawing, it uses font "Arial" ...

• if you copy now a text with style "A" to a destination drawing, where style "A" is not defined then the copy-function creates a style "A" in the destination drawing with the same settings as the style has in the source drawing.
  • if you copy now a text with style "A" to a destination drawing, where style "A" is already defined then the copy-function only copies the text object (that uses the existing style "A"), so if the style "A" in the destination drawing uses "Times Romans" the text appears in another font compared to the source drawing.
  •  

Hope it's more clear now!

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alfred NESWADBA
    Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (not an Autodesk consultant)
    Message 3 of 4
    mikegera
    in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Perfect, thanks!
    Message 4 of 4
    anupam_adhikary
    in reply to: mikegera

Here's the easiest and convenient way to change the fonts in AutoCAD. Just enter the "STYLE" command and change the font details as per your requirements.
    Screenshot (143).png

Happy to help !

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost