Did you mean: 

back to acad12?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
461 Views, 7 Replies

back to acad12?

This morning almost all of my ribbon is gone and replaced by the old ACAD12 style drop down menus.  Don't know what I did, what happened or how to fix. I kinda had gotton used to 2006 and do not want to revert.  Anybody got a fix?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jggerth
in reply to: Anonymous

type RIBBON ?

Message 3 of 8
ampster402
in reply to: jggerth

the ribbon command would bring it back, but I'm curious if just switching the workspace to Drafting & Annotation would work?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I type "ribbon" and the exiting "home" ribbon vanishes. I get the options of minimize to tab, panel title or panel buttons, all of which work. Now no ribbon at all. I hit the button with the up turned triangle on it and it returns my "home" ribbon along with the acad12 style drop down menu headers.  I have wasted 3 hours on this mess already, frustrating!  Thoughts?

Message 5 of 8
jggerth

Well, you can try ampster's suggestionof switching workspaces....

or go into control Panel and run a Repair of your installation.  & if that doesn't fix it, do a re-install

so, it sounds like you actually have the Ribbon working, just not the panels you're used to.  The re-install will restore Acad to the OOTB settings

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Work spaced accomplished nothing. I'm leaning heavily toward a complete reinstall.

Message 7 of 8
ToddRogers-WPM

Are you using 2013 or prior?  Did you change your workspace to AutoCAD Classic?

Todd Rogers
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Woprking with autocad 2015. Playing with workspace <set current> seems to have solved the problem. Not sure how I got here or why what I did fixed it but it is hard to argue with success1  Many thanks to all who wasted your precious time on my silly problem.  God Bless.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost