Did you mean: 

attribute box when inserting block

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sylvias
3776 Views, 4 Replies

attribute box when inserting block

I'm working in a different department and can't figure out why the attribute box won't open when I insert their title block. I have checked that all the variables attmode, attdia, attreq, filedia, and cmddia are all set to 1 in both drawings. What am I missing? I'm using 2014. I'm attaching the drawing I want to insert.

Thanks in advance, Sylvia

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dmfrazier
in reply to: sylvias

It appears that the attributes (31 of them) are all "preset", which means the att editor will not pop up automatically (assuming ATTDIA is on).

Does the att editor pop up when you double-click the block or one of the attributes?

(By the way, I got a macro warning when I opened the DWG.  Not sure if that's "normal" or not.)

Message 3 of 5
sylvias
in reply to: dmfrazier

Yes, it does open after the block is inserted. Can I change that
"preset"?
Message 4 of 5
sylvias

Thanks DM! I found the "preset" in the misc section of the edit properties, changed them all to no and VOILA! The attribute box opens on insertion.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

BTW, I don't get a macro message.

Message 5 of 5
dmfrazier

You're welcome.

Be sure to make those changes to the "master" block definition (the one you will use as the source for all future inserts).

Also, beware that changes to attribute definitions within a block do not automatically update (or synchronize) across all inserts of the block.  You may have to use ATTSYNC if you have more than one insert in a particular DWG file.

If you're not getting a macro warning message, it is probably because macro virus protection has been disabled on your system. See your CAD admin for more info.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost