Did you mean: 

Zoom / Pan whilst Dialogue box is Open

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
johndoig80
327 Views, 3 Replies

Zoom / Pan whilst Dialogue box is Open

Hi Guys

As the title said, is it possible to Zoom and Pan whilst I have a title box open.

I work for a company that has installed its own toolbar and and attribute box's to be filled out. 

My issue is that I need to zoom into various parts of the drawing to be able to fill out all the boxes.

Currently I have to close the dialogue box down every time I want to move the drawing to a specific are.

If there was a command or setting that I could use to be able to keep the box open and move the drawing at the same time that would be great.

Thanks

John

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

>> attribute box's to be filled out.

If you mean the "Enhanced Attribute Editor" (for block attributes), then no, you can't zoom/pan while this dialogbox is open.

But you can open the property-window, select the block with the attributes to be modified so you can edit the attribues in the property-window AND you can zoom/pan while the block is selected.

2013-11-22 10-14-59.png

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4

Yes it is Enhanced Attribute Editor that I mean, I just wasnt sure of its name.

Ok, thanks for that.  Thats a shame that it cant be done it would of been really usefull.

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

>> Thats a shame that it cant be done it would of been really usefull.

If there is another way, why do you want/need the dialog. If you just want to input attribtute-values I think the property-window is the much better way as it's faster, I can modify an attribute-value for 5 selected blocks in one step, ...

Don't forget one thing with modeless dialogs (that are dialogs that can be open parallel while you are working on the document) ... when the user is allowed to do some AutoCAD functions while that dialog is open, the user also might change between different drawings .. so at least the dialog-content is not valid for the current drawing!

Sometimes it makes sense 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost