Did you mean: 

ZW command doesn't work after running ZE command

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
johnw
700 Views, 3 Replies

ZW command doesn't work after running ZE command

I use ZE for (command "Zoom" "E") and ZW (Command "Zoom" "w") for some shortcuts. In 2015, after I run the ZE command and type in ZW at the command prompt it says "unknown command", then if I type it again it works. I can type ZW after that again and continue to Zoom window all day long but as soon as I Zoom Extents and then type ZW again (or just Z for that matter) I always get a "Unknown Command" error the first time. Does anyone know why this is happening? 2014 works fine.

Thanks in advance.

John

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
GrantsPirate
in reply to: johnw

I can't repeat that here on 2015, but just use Z and then define a window, no need to use ZW and then define a window.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: johnw

I can;t repeat in R2015 either: and I use Z, since by default Z is always Window unless you programmed it otherwise.

A test, type .Z (there is a period in front of the Z) instead of ZW, does it still fail? .Z is the core command we all have and use too, ZW may be something else on your machine.
Message 4 of 4
johnw
in reply to: pendean

I found out what the problem was. I was running a 'zoom command which was acting as transparent comment and caused issues. I removed the ' and everything works. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost