AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Rob_in_YYC
Message 1 of 3 (345 Views)
Accepted Solution

Yellow to blue color change before plotting

345 Views, 2 Replies
02-05-2013 12:43 PM

Hello

I am working on drawings in which some of the text is in yellow which is great on a black background. After printing the yellow becomes very hard to see on white paper. I know I know I could change the color of the layer before plotting but I was hoping for a seamless way of doing it. Is there a way to display colors in yellow and plot in blue similar to white/black?

Thanks

Robbie

**Master
dmfrazier
Message 2 of 3 (340 Views)

Re: Yellow to blue color change before plotting

02-05-2013 12:55 PM in reply to: Rob_in_YYC

You could do this in your plot style table (assuming you are set up to use CTB, color-dependent).

*Expert Elite*
drjohn
Message 3 of 3 (338 Views)

Re: Yellow to blue color change before plotting

02-05-2013 12:58 PM in reply to: Rob_in_YYC

In your CTB file you can revise the yellow color to print as any color you need.

Start the print function and on the right side is the listing for the CTB you are  set to use. Hit the arrow at the bottom of the print dialog if you don't see the CTB file selection box.  Select the edit box at the right end of the CTB selection box. Then select the color you want to change in the new dialog that comes up and on the right side of that dialog select the color you want it to be in the color drop down. You can adjust line weight and type there also, if you want.

You may want to save the original for future reference/use.  You can also SAVEAS in the edit dialog if you want and have the original still there to use later.

Regards,

DJ

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube