Did you mean: 

Working with Pointclouds in AutoCAD 2015

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
tony.millington
747 Views, 9 Replies

Working with Pointclouds in AutoCAD 2015

AutoCAD 2014 offered a range of tools for working with pointclouds (croping and extracting features), having upgraded to 2015 these tools are no longer recognised.

Is there a solution  to this (other than moving to other software)?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
nestly2
in reply to: tony.millington

Welcome to the Autodesk forums

I don't use Pointclouds myself, but I've seen that some of the tools have been improved/replaced, such as Point Cloud clipping vs cropping.  Here's a couple Autodesk videos that may be helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCqS9TBH3sQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEJby9si0Mg

Message 3 of 10
tony.millington
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks for that info - I've had a look and have now found the clipping/cropping tool(s).

However, I still can't find any options to fit planes or solids to point cloud data as there was in Autocad 2014 - does anyone know if they have been removed, or am I just looking in the wrong places??

Thanks

Message 4 of 10
pendean

Do you know the names of the actualy commands in R2014 that you used?
R2015's HELP start page has a 'what's changed' commands/variables list that can help you if you don't find the actual command names listed.

ScreenShot001.png

Message 5 of 10
tony.millington
in reply to: pendean

There were a series of 'Feature extraction' commands, including Sphere, cone, cylinder, plane, which allowed the solid to be extracted from a best-fit to points within a pointcloud.

The commands are all in the format PCSPHEREEXTRACT, I can't find any mention of them in the 'What's changed' listing.

Regards

--
Scanned by iCritical.
Message 6 of 10
nestly2

Any chance those tools were from an Exchange App plugin

Message 7 of 10
tony.millington
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks for that - quite right the commands were an App plug-in.

Unfortunately the plug-in doesn't appear to work with 2015 - which is a shame.

However thank you both for your assistance.

Regards

Message 8 of 10

Does anyone know if this app is likely to be updated to be compatible with 2015 at any stage in the near future? I was planning on using it on an upcoming project.

Message 9 of 10

I don't know whether an update is planned, I did get confirmation that the app was incompatible with 2015 - so have reverted to using 2014 again.

Message 10 of 10

I was informed that the app for 2015 has been uploaded to the Autodesk app site but that it is awaiting approval for publishing.  I have made some enquiries as to when this would happen but have had no reponse as yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost