Did you mean: 

Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit and CAD 2013 32 bit or 64 bit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Peac3
4874 Views, 4 Replies

Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit and CAD 2013 32 bit or 64 bit

I have a little question.

I now use Windows XP sp3 32 bit + AutoCad 2013 32 bit and i have some memory limitations because i work in multi autocad windows, i prefer to work like that.

We are going to have windows 7 soon and i would like to ask for the 64 bit OS hoping to add 8 gigs of memory to my computer (i have 3 right now)

01: We have Autocad 32 bit DVD, can we just exchange 32 bit and 64 bit using the same auth codes and keys we already have? or downlod 64 bit version and add our 32 bit auth. codes?

02: If we have to buy 64 bit version (We are not going to buy it):

- Shoud i ask to install windows 7 32 bit and use Autocad 32 bit to get better stability ?

- Or should i ask to install windows 7 64 bit, add some Ram and use Autocad 32 bit ? Is it going to be stable?

I would like to get some great advice on that please.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Peac3

My 2013 box came with both disks for both variants, 32bit and 64bit. Are you sure you don't have both?
Either way you can download the 2013 64bit for free from Autodesk, there is nothing to buy.
Message 3 of 5
Peac3
in reply to: pendean

Ahh ok

Then we must have both, i don't handle the softwares at all.

But if the authentification code for 32 bit work for 64 then there should be no problems.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
rkmcswain

Peac3 wrote:

But if the authentification code for 32 bit work for 64 then there should be no problems.

Yes, you should be good to go with the same S/N and CD-Key.

Either export the license and then re-import it, or failing that you should be able to just obtain a secondary activation/authorization code from adsk.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 5
pendean

If you are just looking for a 64bit product download you should be able to find it at the Autodesk Customer Service Virtual Agent:
•In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
•In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
1. Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
2. Disable UAC
3. Close and reopen your preferred browser.
4. Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
5. Select the choice "Download Links".
6. Select your product, then variant, then version as applicable.
7. You should now be presented with the choice to download your software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost