Did you mean: 

Visible Block Attributes on Drawing Move when using BATTMAN - ACAD 2013

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
519 Views, 2 Replies

Visible Block Attributes on Drawing Move when using BATTMAN - ACAD 2013

I have a map drawing containing the positions of all of a town's hydrants.  There are over 2,000 hydrant blocks in this drawing.  Each block contains a hydrant icon, a town code, and the hydrant ID number.

Now here's the problem: Sometime ago, when the map drawing was originally created, the hydrant block had the attribute tags named HYD_ID and TOWN_ID.  A few years later, it was decided that these tags should then be called HYDID and TOWNCODE.  The problem with this change is that for some reason, only about two-thirds of the hydrant blocks were changed in this way, while the others remained with the original HYD_ID/TOWN_ID tags.

I have been tasked to fix this problem.  I performed the fix explained in the topic at this link (excluding the steps in the last post: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?94479-ATTSYNC-is-resetting-attribute-values).  When performing this fix, after I click on the "Apply" button in BATTMAN, the positions of all of the hydrant ID numbers and town codes all changed to their default block position on the drawing, centered over the hydrant icon.  This is bad because the ID numbers and town codes were originally moved around the drawing so that they wouldn't overlap with other dimensions and details on the drawing.  Now everything's a mess!

I have a feeling that to fix this, I would have to go through each of the 2,000 hydrants and move their ID and town codes manually (that could take awhile).  Fortunately, I have a back-up file of these hydrants with their attributes in the original positions on the drawing, but with the tag name problem described above.

Is there a way to keep BATTMAN from messing with the current positions of the attributes on the drawing while fixing all of the attribute tags?  I just want to change the tag names and nothing else.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dmfrazier
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: dmfrazier

Thank you for posting that!  Just wish I found that earlier while Googling, but that did the trick!  I just think it's odd that AutoCAD is incapable of performing this fix properly within the program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost