Did you mean: 

Viewports won't always show objects.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
JWatersGate
1979 Views, 7 Replies

Viewports won't always show objects.

Recently I have been having a problem with AutoCAD 2014. In paper space sometimes in the viewports objects, text, blocks, and dims will not show up. They are not hidden and the scale for annotation is set correctly. Also, when I change the scale (sometimes) , if I have Revit or another AutoCAD DWG open, it will switch to those and scale random items.  To fix the problem I have to scale the viewport to another scale then back again for them to show up. I can also double click in the viewport and REGEN to have them show up. My company uninstalled and reinstalled AutoCAD to see if that fixed the issue. Everything was going smooth until a couple minutes ago. This is a major problem that I am having. If anyone knows why this is happening or how to fix it, please let me know.

Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
darawork
in reply to: JWatersGate

Hi,

Could you list your hardware including graphics card, operating system and shoe size?

Shoe size could be important in the case of violent physical attacks on said workstation.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 8
JWatersGate
in reply to: darawork

Intel Core i5 720 @ 2.67GHz 

8.00 GB RAM

64-Bit OS Windows 7

NVIDIA Quadro FX 580

Shoe Size - 12 🙂

Message 4 of 8
darawork

Thanks, 12 eh? Could be handy later.

Have you installed the latest service packs for 2014:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2014-service-...

And the latest graphics driver for your graphics card:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/74514/en-uk

Do you have hardware accleration turned on or off?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 5 of 8
GrantsPirate

This happens in any drawing or just the one?  Do you have any image files in the drawing, .jpg, .pdf, etc.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 6 of 8
JWatersGate
in reply to: darawork

I just had IT install the service pack (seeing that there has never been one updated). I have not had the issue since then. Hopefully that will help. I will give it a week or so and let everyone know if it solved the problem. 

Hardware Accelerator is turned on and the graphics card drivers are up to date. 

Yes, It happens in all DWGs. 

Message 7 of 8
JWatersGate
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Yes, It happens in all drawings. and no image files or any other attachments at all.
Message 8 of 8
DEREKH6362

Hi everybody,

What is the solution for this problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost