Did you mean: 

Viewport problem

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tdrietz
7869 Views, 6 Replies

Viewport problem

So in the last week or so, my C3D 2014 randomly decided not to copy viewports.  It copies the box, but nothing in it.  Plus you can't go into model space in the copied viewport.  Just looks and acts like a normal rectangular polyline.  But when you check the properties, it still says it is indeed a "Viewport" object. 

Short of reinstalling the software, does anyone know of a setting that would cause this?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
drjohn
in reply to: tdrietz

Just a shot in the dark .... right click on the viewport frame and select SHOW VIEWPORT ENTITIES (or whatever it says).  See if that works. (We're talkin' MVIEW ... right?).  You can also make that setting by highlighting the mview and changing the visibility on the properties panel.

You didn't mention what version you were running and somewhere in the back of my brain (such as it is) tells me that there was a version that copied viewports with the visibility tirned off.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 7
tdrietz
in reply to: drjohn

Ah yes!  It's called "Display Viewport Objects".  That did it.  However, after I turn it on and copy the viewport, the objects in the copy are "off" again.  I don't know why it defaults to the "off" setting when I copy a viewport, but I'll take it!!!

Thank you VERY much!

Message 4 of 7
drjohn

REGENMODE setting.

Copy with REGENMODE = 0 .... no viewport objects

Copy with REGENMODE = 1....  viewport objects display.

If you have REGENMODE turned off (0) and copy a vport (displaying entites) it will not display drawing entites. 

Reset regenmode to 1 and copy a vport (displaying entities) it will dispay drawing entities

Again with REGENMODE set to 1 and copy a vport that was made (copied) with REGENMODE 0 it will NOT display entities even if the REGENMODE is 1. A regenall is required.

This is kinda convoluted IMHO but WTF.

Regards,

DJ

Message 5 of 7
civilgz

Check and set "MAXACTVP" to a higher number.

Message 6 of 7
ralfescobar
in reply to: civilgz

thanks, this was exactly the issue! (developer options required many VP's)

Message 7 of 7
ralfescobar
in reply to: civilgz

thanks, this worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost