Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewcube Rolling Problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
DAVIDDEARDORFF6551
1718 Views, 8 Replies

Viewcube Rolling Problem

I am having a small but annoying problem with the viewcube in AutoCAD 2014. In all the previous versions that had the viewcube, when I unchecked the "Zoom to Extents after view change" box, the view would pivot about the center of the screen. Now it seems to pivot about an arbitrary point an I have to zoom_e anyway. This is very annoying. Please help.

LLOYDMAGNUM
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

When looking into this problem I got different results and want to see if you are getting the same behavior as I am getting. When I open a drawing and turn off the setting to zoom to extents after view change, then change my view using the viewcube, the drawing will rotate roughly using the center of the screen. However, when I open a second drawing and change my view, the rotate points is well off screen forcing a zoom extents to see where everything is. Turning the setting on/off again seems to go back to the better behavior. 

Is this also what you are experiencing? If you can select something near the middle of your screen before changing views, the behavior is much better.

David Pothier

Message 3 of 9

That sounds like what I am experiencing. The view cube used to work great in the previous releases. It doesn't matter what drawing I am in. It acts the same. Also, selecting an object has no effect on its behavior.

LLOYDMAGNUM
Message 4 of 9

Haven't heard anything for a while. Any resolution to this?

LLOYDMAGNUM
Message 5 of 9

When I first open a drawing and zoom into an area the change in view doesn't stay at the same location but if I pick an object and change viewing directions, the view does stay zoomed into this area. I created a short video that you can watch here.

http://screencast.com/t/CGOtIXzKM7vl

David Pothier

Message 6 of 9
nestly2
in reply to: pothied

@pothied wrote:

When I first open a drawing and zoom into an area the change in view doesn't stay at the same location but if I pick an object and change viewing directions, the view does stay zoomed into this area. I created a short video that you can watch here.

http://screencast.com/t/CGOtIXzKM7vl

Move the 18" pipe up 50 feet and see if it stays in your display when using the viewcube. For me, the navcube is only useful when the view target (Z) is pretty close to the same elevation as the object.

Message 7 of 9

That is not at all how it used to work. I only draw in 2D so I really only use the rotation arrows on the View Cube. Any idea if this problem will be fixed? Or do I have to downgrade to get the fuctionality back?

LLOYDMAGNUM
Message 8 of 9

I installed the latest service pack for AutoCAD 2014. Did not address the ViewCube Rolling problem I am having. Please Fix!

LLOYDMAGNUM
Message 9 of 9
Södde
in reply to: DAVIDDEARDORFF6551

Same problem, bump.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost